1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Apple TV] Patriots doc spills the deets...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 21, 2024.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

A lot of crazy stuff coming out, probably why BB didn't find a gig.

Personally think (like most) that both Brady and BB were good for each other, but the consistent stuff coming out about BB over the years...from pretty much everybody that played for him says a lot. Lots of folks they dreaded coming into work, waiting in their cars crying, get like they were walking on eggshells in all aspects of their life

#1 LosPollosHermanos, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    ROCKSS and clos4life like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Wes Welker Compares Tom Brady To Abused Dog While Discussing QB’s Relationship With Bill Belichick
    [​IMG]
    GETTY IMAGE

It’s widely believed Bill Belichick was the reason Tom Brady didn’t finish his career with the Patriots, and a new documentary chronicling their time together appears to confirm that notion with the help of some eye-opening testimony from players who were there for the ride.

Last year, Apple TV+ announced it was gearing up for the release of The Dynasty, the aptly-titled docuseries revolving around the unprecedented run the New England Patriots kicked off at the start of the millennium thanks in no small part to the contributions of Bill Belichick and the legendary Tom Brady.

It was pretty hard not to be intrigued by the 10-part project that harnessed a ton of previously unseen footage as well as interviews with many of the notable names who were front and center for the dynasty in question—including the two men who are given the bulk of the credit for the team’s dominance.

The series doesn’t come out until February 16th, but The Athletic was one of the outlets that got to preview what’s in store and published an article containing some fairly juicy excerpts concerning the fairly unflattering light Belichick is seemingly painted in.

One quote from Brady attracted a fair amount of attention, as he appears to confirm his fractured relationship with the notoriously tyrannical head coach was the reason he decided to finish his career in Tampa Bay, saying:

“Me and coach Belichick, we did what we loved and competed for 20 years together, but I wasn’t going to sign another contract even if I wanted to play until 50.

Based on how things had gone, I wasn’t going to sign up for more of it.”

Other members of the Patriots who agreed to participate in The Dynasty apparently share some similar sentiments while discussing the approach Belichick took to managing the team—including Wes Welker, as the outlet says the retired wide receiver “compared Brady to an abused dog for continually going back to work for Belichick.”

No Worries and clos4life like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Link?

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thanks for link.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

dun have apple television. izt on anything else?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Napster

Rashmon, Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They did what it took to win. These docs aim to tear down legendary results for shock value and a healthy dose of revenge by the interviewees.

I'm not even a Patriots fan by far. We just can't have heroes of any sort anymore.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

As time moves on, their legend typically grows, it gets exaggerated, and the dirty baggage inevitably dies. They may get tainted in our lifetime, but in the next, as long as they are still on the top, the legend will grow. Jordan, Brady, and Tiger are taking hits, but they will still be bullet proof in the end.

TexasTofu and Xerobull like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

There are a lot of leaks. Apparently in one of the episodes Brady says he didn’t come back because “of the coach”

clos4life likes this.
  10. Xerobull

11. Buck Turgidson

Why is "spill the tea" a saying?

12. Xerobull

**** if I know.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Apple TV.....

Is there a free trial I can take advantage of with 100 different email addresses like all the other streaming services?

14. Buck Turgidson

What does it mean?

15. Xerobull

Gossip

Q: Hmm okay. So when did “spill” start meaning “share”?

A: Well, it’s still considered colloquial to say “spill” to mean “divulge, disclose or tell”. The first actual recorded use of “spill the beans” wasn’t until 1902, at first meaning to cause and upset or spoil a situation, before ending up at “reveal a secret” by 1919.

Q: I suppose if you unintentionally spill the beans, it can still spoil a situation.

A: Very true.

Q: So spilling beans is about a century old. But spilling tea is much newer, surely?

A: It is. But did you know it was originally “spill the T”?

Q: I did NOT!

A: The T stood for “truth”.

Q: Wow, that already makes a lot more sense.

A: This next part might surprise you though. It originated in black gay and drag culture. Spilling “T” for truth can be seen in 1994’s Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt – which featured a transgender character who “spilled the T” in sharing gossip.

Q: When did “T” become “tea”?

A: That part is a little unclear, but the phrase went mainstream in the late 2010s thanks to the popularity of the reality show, Ru Paul’s Drag Race.

Q: So in this context, “tea” is gossip, dirt or juicy details.

A: That’s right – and in the US, a number of ad campaigns have helped cement the idea that tea is synonymous with truth. Another slang term, “weak tea” has also arisen – relating to something being underwhelming or unimpressive.

16. Buck Turgidson

AhhhhHaaaa

Mediocre movie, great book.

A: This next part might surprise you though. It originated in black gay and drag culture. Spilling “T” for truth can be seen in 1994’s Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt – which featured a transgender character who “spilled the T” in sharing gossip.

The movie did have one of my favorite lines, that gets repeated regularly: "If you have to leave a party, you always take a traveler"

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Brady apparently says point blank I couldn’t deal with coaching anymore and left, would be interesting to see. If true probably not just shock value.

the reports over the years over a certain toxic and semi abusive atmosphere and KGB level operating is crazy, but consistent. Benching/DNP butler before the game ( a move that probably cost them a ring) etc is crazy too. BB is basically a dictator minus the executions

the patriot way was always held together like a picket fence

18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Just typed "Tom Brady screaming" into Google. Got more than 3,000,000 results.

**** both those guys.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought about the same thing last night. I want to check out the new Messi doc.

20. Xerobull