1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple TV+ Free For 4 months

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by bobrek, Apr 8, 2022.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

youknowme, Xerobull and jayfree like this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Free tires with purchase of $100,000 vehicle.

It's NOT FREE.

J.R. likes this.
  3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

You'd need to pay me to watch casting couch extraordinaire Katie Nolan give commentary over an Astros game.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  4. bobrek

Except that for 4 months it is free.

jayfree likes this.
  5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Worked for me, thanks

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The quality of that broadcast was an embarrassment.

As if the yammering nonsense wasn't bad enough, the audio flat out would not sync up with the video. The random probability stats were nonsense that clearly weren't accurate. The field level blonde didn't seem like she has ever done this type of job before.

Picture quality was scary good though.

7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Yeah. That $100,000 auto was "free" for the first four months. Future obligations just means payment was deferred or prepaid.

FREE means No obligation, Not free with purchase of something else.
    P. T. Barnum was right.

8. bobrek

Not sure why you're arguing this. There is absolutely no commitment until after 4 months and you can cancel at or before that. There are no obligations, except perhaps to create an Apple ID which costs nothing and a Target circle membership which also costs nothing.

#8 bobrek, Apr 9, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    marks0223 likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Strange place to post it but I’m in the market so thanks!

10. bobrek

Mainly posted here because the Astros/Angels were the first Apple TV+ Friday night MLB game.

CVcrew and Xerobull like this.
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

If you have TMOBILE appletv+ is free for a year.

mustang98 likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

What on earth are you talking about? There's no purchase here. You cancel after 4 months. It's literally free.

I now understand why the math on player contracts was so difficult for you.

cmlmel77 and marks0223 like this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

The fact that they got the parents during the HR gives them a pass, and they are pushing some visual boundaries, but do they really think casual people are going to stumble into the broadcast. I don't mind the silly convos they are having for the casuals, but I know it could and will be annoying as shiot if they keep it up.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Math is not difficult at all. Wisdom from fans is what is sorely lacking.

"You cancel after 4 months. It's literally free."
    And they now have your information and will probably make it more difficult to cancel. But I'm used to being on the scam lists and see a scam under every promise of a freebee.

15. bobrek

The turn off will be if/when they start charging for the package and folks that have MLBTV or their local team's station can't watch the game.

16. bobrek

Regardless of your issues with technology and evil companies, Apple is good about cancelations and things of that ilk. And the bonus is if you own a credit card, they will help you if Apple fails. I have canceled stuff with them before and it's incredibly simple.

You know, people have been trying to help you in this thread with how the process works and your replies have been full of false hoods and conspiracy theories rather than "thanks for the info, but I'm just not interested". Apple has plenty of paying customers for their services and they don't need you, so as long as you're competent enough to mark the cancelation date on your calendar or spreadsheet and follow through you won't have any problems.

Rock Block, Bregatron and marks0223 like this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Thank you for your help. I do not want to seem ungrateful, but have seen a lifetime of scams and still get 10-20 scam calls a day because they think I'm an easy mark. I grew up in a era when you just turned on the TV, watched the commercials, and didn't have to join anything. First Redditt, then Statsforme and now Bilasport have put themselves behind a paywall or just discontinued services for Livestreams.

ll just listen on Radio and follow on gameday (which is often three pitches ahead of radio.)

Once again, Thanks for the attempt. I guess I'm now the old dog that can't be taught the new tricks.

18. msn

msn Member

I grew up then, too. I think bobrek may have watched a few Colt .45s games on a 11" black-and-white.

I still remember when the Astros aired every away game for years on channel 26 back when it was just a local job and not a Fox affiliate. I think they were trying to build up fanbase by being accessible. It worked. I also remember catching three games every Saturday between CBS and NBC, with an episode of TWIB in between. Those were the days.

19. bobrek

I went to a number of games at Colt Stadium and one of my fondest memories as a 5 year old was sitting in special seats where I could have all the fried chicken and soda I wanted. :)

msn likes this.
  20. bobrek

One of my prized possessions....

Screenshot_20220410-135850_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-135856_Photos.jpg

msn and marks0223 like this.