1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone in the wedding/event planning industry?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by steveng125, Jul 11, 2023.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I’m thinking about starting up a luxury restroom rental business. An upscale port o potty basically with A/C, water and electricity.

I was just curious if anyone has rented or asked about renting one of these for their events?

I’m trying to gage the interest in the industry before I go all out and start up.

Any feedback will be appreciated l!

Thanks!

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Restrooms are the worst unless you're at buckees, anything to spice it up is ok in my book.......good luck! Never heard of this but good luck dude, not a bad concept

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

**** business model.

steveng125 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

I think it's a great idea. One of the biggest selling points for VIP entry for music festivals I've seen is luxury air-conditioned restrooms with running water. People, especially women, will pay hundreds of dollars extra to not use a portapotty.

Your business will be mostly word of mouth so get ready to get in good with wedding planners.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

septic service generates tons of money @more predictable, I would stay away from narrow customer- base business

7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

yeah, I’ve got quotes from everyone in the area and I can beat anyone’s rental price. They have the upper hand on me when It comes to fleets and different size trailers. I’m starting off with one and they can offer just about any size. I think it’s a good business concept..I'm just out exploring what kinda interest there is out there for events.

Mango likes this.
  8. Mango

Maybe somebody from here (this forum) has contacted you via PM, but I doubt if this is the best place to find the Market Research that you need.

Perhaps you know somebody that knows somebody in the Catering business and they could connect you to event planners.

You are able to beat the prices of other companies because they are somewhat gouging customers because of limited competition or because you really want the business and are willing to limit your profits?

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Curious about the electricity need. For light? Or for poop charging?

10. steveng125

steveng125 Member

yeah, I’ve got quotes from everyone in the area and I can beat anyone’s rental price. They have the upper hand on me when It comes to fleets and different size trailers. I’m starting off with one and they can offer just about any size. I think it’s a good business concept..I'm just out exploring what kinda interest there is out there for events.
    Yeah, I’ve reached out to alot of companies so far. I’m just an active member here and I know a lot of people on here are from the Houston area so I thought I’d post here.

I’m able to beat prices because I made a deal with a local company that will let me empty the trailers out for a low price. I’d be doing everything myself vs the bigger company who has to pay employees to deliver and do all the work. So they won’t be able to come down as low as me. They charge $1400 an event for a 3 stall trailer. I was going to charge $1200 but could go as low as about $800 if needed too and still make profit.

Mango likes this.
  11. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Outside LED lighting and inside lights

12. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I’m sure y’all seen these before!

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Free branding from B-Bob:

Poncy Potty
    Porta-Lux
    WC Feels
    Swank Tanks
    Ritz Shitz

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

IBTL likes this.
  15. Xerobull

[​IMG]

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

200.gif

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't have any connections for you. Just a warning that starting a small business, there seems to always be additional expenses you didn't anticipate. Sounds like a good business but the margins might not be as fat as you expect. Good luck!

IBTL, FrontRunner and Xerobull like this.
  18. Xerobull

+1. Be nimble

19. CrazyJoeDavola

Valenpeeno
    Poogatti

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  20. Mango

If you plan on expanding beyond a few mobile facilities, you will need to bring on at least one employee. The numbers that look good without any employees might not look as good once you expand and need to hire help. If another vehicle is needed for the employee to move trailers, then the cost of that vehicle, insurance etc need to be accounted for in the Profit & Loss Calculations.

Do you have any insight on how the large companies are staffed? Do they have streamlined/minimal office staffs or is there some payroll bloat that they could trim if they find that your underpricing them is costing them business?

If things change at the company that is providing the disposal service for your trailer(s) and you have to pay higher prices to them or another company, then your P/L calculations will change.

Invisible Fan likes this.