1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone have a couple of extra black crowes tickets for wed?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Oct 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

2nd year in a row that i waited too long to buy them :eek:

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i still can't believe i'm going to miss them again. what are the chances that two of my top five favorite bands of all-time are in town on the same damn night?

3. SWTsig

that's how it always works... it's god's way of f***ing with us

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

still somewhat thinking about beaumont sunday night.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Only hitting two of four Texas dates this tour, ATX and Houston. Still wondering if they'll play their anti-Houston song here on Wensday. I think the meaning of it will be lost on most folks in attendance who will think it's a pro-Houston song. Hmmm, House of Blues; nothing like the smell of waffles and chicken to get me in the mood for some Freak n Roll Black Crowes style! :cool:

6. SWTsig

just scored 2 GA off ticketbastard but had to buy them 1 at a time, which meant double the service charges :mad:

7. AkeemTheDreem86

I've been trying to figure out exactly what it is you are referring to here and I have no clue. Is there a chicken and waffles place right there??

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Inside of the venue! Only other show I've seen there was the Crowes last year and if I wasn't wearing my mics to tape I would have pigged out. This year I'm bringing a mic stand so look the F out! ;)

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

wanna hook a brutha up with your work? :)

10. SWTsig

b&p or do you seed these anywhere? love to get a copy!

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Every time I see the thread title, I think it says,"anyone have a couple of extra bucks...?" Panhandling on the bbs.

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I could do a B+P for you, I don't usually seed my stuff. PM me for info. And if anyone else is interested in some TBC shows PM as well.

13. Buck Turgidson

Widespread. Halloween. Austin. The whole nigel crew will be representing. There may be extra tix if you're interested.

Sorry I missed yall at acl this year....

14. SWTsig

halloween panic will be epic... can. not. wait.

who's going to be at ABB/Panic this weekend at the pavilions?

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

where they playing? it could be doable.

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You know it! Rocktober is getting off to a fine start! The weather will sooo perfect for this one! Lows that nite in the mid 50's! Will almost make up for seeing Rush there in August 2007 during a heat wave! :eek:

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

My first concert ever was supposed to be Jimmy Page + Black Crowes @ The Woodlands but Page threw his back out :(

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

That's not what really went down, something about ego's getting in the way!! OMG, tonites show was as good as I've seen from them. Just a perfect set! So much better than the Austin show! They did the song Houston here and in Austin; at the Austin show it pissed down rain during the song but only for a minute, as if nature was saying "you wanna see WTF Houston is about? Cue the rain!" Glad that Houston got a truly magical show. :eek:

19. SWTsig

honestly i was a little disappointed w/ last night's set... it was so new release heavy, which isn't so much a bad thing b/c the new songs are pretty damn great, but no:

wiser time, ballad in urgency, thorn, my morning song, cursed diamond, remedy, no speak, salvation, thick n thin, etc? throw us a bone!

although looking at their sets from other shows this tour they are definitely promoting the new release something fierce, so it's not like we were getting slighted or anything. truth be told, i'd like to see them return to a 2-set format.... allow them to play for an additional 30-45 mins so they can sneak a couple of the oldies but goodies in there. that being said, the crowd was great, and it was a totally PACKED house, and the boys played fantastically.

regardless, the crowes are one of the best touring bands out there.

20. Summer Song Giver

How fitting, when I read the thread title, this is what I saw.

anyone have a couple of extra black crowes tickets for weed?