1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Else Getting Logged Out?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by bobrek, Jul 10, 2020.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is pretty interesting, I haven't done any web design in a long time but don't think I've seen this or if I have I don't recall. I basically bookmarked the https version to force the phone to start there.

I want to say this started happening this week for me on Wednesday or so (iirc correctly, and I got around to looking at it last night). My initial fix without looking at address was to enable desktop mode on Chrome on my phone, but making sure it's on https etc works fine now on mobile site (as mentioned).

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, Is there anything you dont do? Youd be an interesting person to have a beer with.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have been having problems with icons not loading, then I tried to delete cache and cookies, but then the "Log In" link didn't work. Problems occurred both in Chrome and Firefox (Mac). Finally got in through a different link.

ThatBoyNick and Nook like this.
  4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

this is exactly whats happening to me now. though i haven't tried clearing cache cookies

EDIT: clearing cache did nothing. still couldn't click the log in link. had to click the sign up button. once the sign up page loaded i was then able to hit the log in button signed in that way

edit 2: alright so apparently the bookmark i had set by accident was a link directly to the hangout sub. when i changed that and go directly to the front page of the boards, i remain logged in. icons look to load as well.

#24 FlyerFanatic, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The notifications don't seem to work properly either.

Nook likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rafer.clutchfans.net ftw

if you like a white background

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

On my iPhone, it doesn’t show me as logged in on the main forum page but half the time when I click on a forum I am logged in. Weird.

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Being logged out of my phone every time I close the window. Am not able to sign in through log in have to clock sign up THEN click log into to get in.

Also signed out on my computer and am completely unable to sign back in.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I get logged out occasionally after clearing cache and history of the http links

Btw, If you can't log in, click on the masthead, then click login.You're not able to log in if you're on the http version of the website

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Had this issue a lot over past week. Changed my bookmark to https and it fixed it.

CCity Zero and TWS1986 like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Weird. Same deal for me too. It's bizarre.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I'm on my laptop using chrome. I switch websites within the window i browse CF. When i want to go back to CF i just type BBS in the browser bar and click on it. I had to log back in on Friday and today, but today on a 2nd attempt the log in screen wouldn't load. I clicked on hang out and I was logged in....

I don't know if that helps you see what kind of problem it could be.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Did the bookmark change making it https and things seem Normal now

CCity Zero and TWS1986 like this.
  14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'll have to give that a go as well, thanks!

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Should be possible to setup up http -> https forwarding on the NGINX/APACHE/whatever host clutchfans uses side.

EDIT: Never mind, Clutch already knows.

16. likestohypeguy

Similar to all of the above- not signed in (only on android phone, chrome browser), and site icons disappearing on all devices.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

every time I come to the site, it will show that I’m logged out, but if I click on a thread or something, I’ll somehow be logged in like I should’ve been...it started happening about a week ago

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Same for me. But only a few lucky times it’ll log back in on its own. Usually have to manually sign back in. iPhone user

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Same on Android.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

iPhone user as well...when it started happening on my phone, I started using my iPad or laptop for CF which is something I rarely do...this getting logged out situation started happening on both of them too, but I don’t get logged back in when clicking on something, and I’m not even able to manually log back in on either one...the prompt for my username and password doesn’t come up anymore when I click on log in, so I haven’t been able to use CF on my iPad or laptop the last few days and have been relying on somehow getting logged in when clicking on things on my phone

it’s weird

Jayzers_100 likes this.