1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel encouraged even though we lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Oct 24, 2019.

1. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

If this were the Clippers, they wouldn't end up losing by 6 to the opponent team. You guys do this every year, and every year, they (including Harden) pathetically choke huge leads. You mind telling me what the matchup record against the Bucks has been the past two years (not just a coincidence, of course)?

manlisten likes this.
  2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

People say this all the time to comfort themselves as if creating open looks is all that matters. A lot of teams create open looks but can't execute because their shooters are inconsistent or garbage and they end up failing because of it...

MrSabotage likes this.
  3. jowman

jowman Member

I feel discouraged after seeing the asswhopping the clippers laid on the warriors.

Pg and klay cancel each other out. If anything PG is better version of klay.

They are deeeep. Every one of their top 9 guys could start on another team

MrSabotage and bj3175 like this.
  4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently, but right now I dont' feel very good about Harden and to a lesser extend Gordon playing like crap today. Did they just not 'feel up' to playing today? First game of the year and they just don't have it? Cmon....

bj3175 likes this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

As he should be. The refs were almost WCF bad tonight. The problem is we still jack up 3's even if we are 16 points ahead instead of slowing down the game and trying to play a lay up type game.

bj3175 likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Mike needs to be better with his adjustments period but yeah. Harden is rarely that bad so that won’t happen to often. Eric is inconsistent but he is usually better then that so yeah. Loved what I saw off Chandler now I feel we finally have size and a defensive beast off the bench. Now Mike needs to use him better.

Hakeemtheking and bj3175 like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

mike failed in the second half. he did not have a strategy

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Mike always fails in the second half. He hasn't learned. He's an old dog stubborn in his ways.

bj3175 likes this.
  9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sounds like pretty much every game against a good opponent where we have a lead. You can take it to the bank that the Rockets will let it slip away because they can't stop hoisting 3's and getting lost defensively.

bj3175, MrSabotage and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, i think we are far worse this year, our roster is too short.

We can't compete against tall athletic teams - honestly, it pisses me off as we don't value size....

We need a STRETCH 4/5 so bad, so that when Lopez is killing us we aren't trying to guard him with Eric Gordon, which by the way takes Gordon's legs away making him a worse shooter.

The lack of attention to detail on this team is staggering, just like it has been thrown together with little thought for fit.

I like some of the players, but we are WASTING Harden's last couple of years........unless Hartenstein can somehow hit 3s - and play....we are gonna get killed.

DD

Little Bit and MrSabotage like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Encouraged in terms of us being entertaining at times? Sure. Encouraged in terms of our outlook as serious contenders? Hell no.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

14. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Westbrook's 4th Q performance gives me hope. Harden's 2nd half? Not so much. It's only the first game so I guess overall I just hope they figure it out and if they can play in the 4th like they did in the first half then they will be serious contenders.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its not about how short we are, never it is.

Its about efforts and quality of the players.

Our tallest player, Tyson Chandler looked like he should retire before Nene did.

I am ready to let him go and re-sign the manimal after one game.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

what in the world were you watching in regards to Chandler

Hakeemtheking and Denovo like this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Slow. struggling on switch, spacing.

He will be an OK sub for the Bucks last night maybe a decent one in some mediocre teams, but not with this team.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

100% disagree. he should of actually played more than 10 mins based on his play last night alone

Denovo likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good D, getting stops generate fast breaks and Offense.

20. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

I still feel concerned cause we always give up big leads and having Pj tucker on Lopez was disgusting when you know it wasn't working. Gianns being out 5 mins left of the game, Shows were not contenders yet. Im tired of these blown leads. It needs to be fixed somehow.