1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone been hit by a car?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mathloom, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Man I got hit really bad by a speeding car (driver using their smartphone), flipped several feet over and above the car, bike crushed, landed on the road. Nothing physically happened I just have some strained muscles in my ribs, chest, elbow and knee but I distinctly remember like 10 people being shocked that I'm alive.

Feeling so f*cking weird mentally though for 2 days now. Just felt like it was over and yeah it's cheesy but somehow I saw everyone and everything I knew all at once moments before the impact. Simultaneously felt shocked, depressed, appreciative, dissociated, happy, egotistical, racing mind, angry, random anxiety. Felt in the moments after the accident that something jumpstarted every feeling, memory and function in my brain. I'm really good about calming my mind with meditation and other practices but no matter what I do now as soon as I stop meditating everything starts up again. Every time I sit still, I feel this urge to stop being a b*tch and go do something, but even breathing deeply hurts so I don't know what to do. Such a cluster f*ck of thoughts and feelings and I can't really find my usual energy of "Well **** happens, what's next".

Anyone with a similar experience?

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What did the doctor say? You may internal injuries.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If someone hit you with a car, then you should be getting paid or you’re doing it wrong.

marks0223 and Xerobull like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear that. I had a bad motorcycle crash but wasn’t hit by a car. Hit a rock. Thankfully nothing more than a few minor fender benders with cars.

Hope your recovery goes well.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Got hit at the end of 4th grade by a guy who cut the corner AND didn’t use a blinker. Luckily I was close to the grass so I bounced there instead of concrete. Snapped my tibia and fibula and my snapped foot was dangling from the ankle.

the guy who hit me ended up getting hit by a car himself years later. He did not survive :(

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Damn, get well soon. Sounds like you have PTSD.

Yung-T and Ubiquitin like this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is why I don't do bikes sharing the road with cars. All it takes is one idiot to ruin your life (or end it).

Mathloom likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Wow, Mathloom, that's awful. Also what a blast from the past. Nice to see you back on the BBS.

Near death experiences can leave lasting marks on us psychologically. Don't ignore the signs.

Yung-T and Mathloom like this.
  9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

They scanned everything. I only have the very strained muscles.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Unfortunately that's not what the law is like here. Suing is an extremely rare and difficult thing here.

Sajan likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't know what that feels like but thanks, I'll maybe see a therapist or something.

IBTL likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm same man not much of a cyclist, was just heading over to my gf's house and she lives in the same compound. The driver was doing like 40 mph on a speed bump zebra crossing. I even stopped to make sure the cars had stopped but there were two lanes and the stopped cars on the first lane blocked my view of the second lane.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Thanks for the advice man. I guess I'm a little worried that making a big deal out of it will turn it into a bigger deal than it is.

I'm around but only on the GARM these days.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

In 2007, I was in my Honda civic when I got t-boned by a speeding truck at a red light. I felt all my organs inside my stomach slam painfully to the other side. Lucky I was wearing my seatbelt.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Here to say get better and I do not have anything against you personally..... just playing a role and disagree in GARM but that is irrelevant.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was going to suggest this. There’s nothing wrong with asking for help. I hope you’re feeling better soon!!

Mathloom and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thrown in front of an SUV in the Summer of 97 because the person thought I was annoying. thankfully no lasting damage because it was going maybe 15 miles per hour. Hurt the whole summer though.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Echoing the ‘sue the **** out of them’ sentiment. We have to old these assholes accountable.

Mathloom likes this.
  19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its about insurance money. I got whiplash just reading your post.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

That's terrible. Sorry man, glad you're relatively okay.

Mathloom likes this.