1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody Watching!?! Texans vs. Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Truth

Truth Member

The Texans are going to win this game, I have a feeling.
    The Texans offense looks a lot better on this first drive despite the dropped pass. 3 points in beeter than nothin'.

P.S Why is J. Wells not starting? That guy is a stud.

2. drapg

drapg Member

well, my tickets to the game fell through, so i'm stuck watching at home...

capers just pisses me off. after the initial 81 yard catch, I knew we were going to only get 3 points.

why? b/c Capers insists on running the ball even though our o-line is continuously unsuccessful in opening holes for Allen. At least Wells can make something happen when there's little to work with. Allen doesn't.

So we have 2 straight rushing plays for negligible yards, putting Carr in a pressure 3rd down situation. Bills expect a pass and stop it. 3 points Texans.

Let Carr use his cannon. Look at Detroit and Harrington. They're living (and may die) by his arm. But at least they play to their strengths.

3. Holden

Holden Member

david carr just jumped into the stands.

how sweet is that...

4. drapg

drapg Member

by the way, Bledsoe and Price are on my fantasy team, and all this Henry rushing is starting to upset me. :mad:

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Damn Eddie Robinson, refusing to get up...

I think that should be a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty, if you just lay down around the line of scrimmage to prevent the ref from placing the ball.

6. drapg

drapg Member

that bledsoe pass should have been a TD, in my opinion.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Nice game ...Looks like we have a good chance in this one.If we ever cut out the stupid mistakes we'll win some games.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those back to back penalties were bull****
    I've seen MILLIONS of helmet tackles.

The taunting penalty is just weak.

Rocket River

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looks like you might of jinxed them.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Way to go Jay Foreman. I remember hearing him talk all this crap about exacting revenge against the Bills. Was his idea of getting them back, by gift-wrapping a TD to them?

11. drapg

drapg Member

i'm sorry, but that play call on 4th down in the final minute seemed really odd. all WRs were running streaks into the endzone. why were there no slants or curls. when there's such little field to play with, you can't send everyone out on a streak! you'll end up with passes like the previous one that was thrown WAY over gaffney's head...

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That play turned the entire ball game around. Glenn makes a nice play on Price and this idiot comes over and taunts the man. Even if it was a little weak just take your ass to the sideline like a pro. Who knows what would have happen if we got the ball back after that. Capers should fine him and cut Matt Stevens.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I dont know why, but I dislike the Bills now just about as much as the Jazz.

14. drapg

drapg Member

ever since 41-38 i've never been able to stomach the bills. this is nothing.

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This losing is better for our draft pick scenario, but I really wish we would have won it. Stupid penalties! :mad:

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

With this loss, we are one step closer to our ultimate goal: Winning a Super Bowl. Win/loss is even more important for draft positioning in the NFL, since it determines your draft position in 7 rounds, not just 2 like the NBA. Plus we get extra picks this season depending on our total number of wins. It was an exciting, competitive game, but I'm not disappointed with the outcome. Nor was I disappointed when the Rockets tanked at the end of last season and lost to some bad teams. Without those losses we'd be looking at another 42-40, just missed the playoffs, season. Instead, now we have Ming. Hopefully the Texans will soon have Charles Rogers from Michigan State.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Interesting how comparable this game is to the Vikings/Lions game. Just bring that up because all the Harrington vs. Carr speculation. I believe the finals scores were almost identical as were the results Vikings came back and edged the Lions by a touchdown. But guys and gals take heart, we played in a shootout against the best offense in the league and nearly won. Next week is Cleveland who scored a paltry 3 points and their QB, Crying Couch, is playing at home where he's sure to hear We want Holcomb from the Dawg Pound. Wouldn't it be sweet to beat the last expansion team in their crib? C'mon back Young and Boselli, it's time to neuter those puppies!

19. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Are any of you fellow Texans fans pissed when the Texans lose? I know I don't really get all that pissed.

When we had the Oilers, every loss would literally ruin my upcoming week.

20. drapg

drapg Member

i am precisely the same way. i am indifferent to a texans loss, but i lived and died by the oilers each week.

i remember tears rolling down my face after several oiler losses over the years.

its probably just b/c of the history we had with the oilers, something that will take years and years to develop with the texans.

plus it doesn't help that i don't live in houston, so i feel somewhat detached from the team.