1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anybody know about malick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daaum, Jan 10, 2004.

1. daaum

daaum Member

??????

his sstats and how his playin.........thanks

2. sup123

sup123 Member

what position does this guy play?

3. Sane

Sane Member

I'm guessing Malik Rose, PF of the San Antonio Spurs, who's been injured most of the season and has played sparingly.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

Malick Badiane?

Hmm..I would like to know how he's doing.

I think there could be some info on clutchfans.net the site.

How is he doing in Germany?

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

GP MIN 2PM-A 3PM-A FGM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
    14 15 60% 0% 60% 39% 1.3 3.2 4.5 0.3 2.1 0.1 0.9 1.1 2.8

He plays for Frankfurt Opel Skyliners in the German BBL. On the following link go to the players section and look for him.

http://www.basketball-bundesliga.de/index.html

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

leads his team in blocks, 4th in rebounding..shooting 60%. doesnt seem he gets too much PT.

Basically 15mpg/ 2.8 ppg/ 4.5 rpg/1.2 bpg

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

39% from the FT line. OUCH!

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

Man that's bad. :p

But I remember he was athletic and hustled and was just raw. His stats don't look too good but neither were Boki's. I don't know. I guess it's a wasted 2nd round pick. Good benchwarmer I guess.

9. We're Back

We're Back Member

dude, foregt about the guy already...geez

10. Relativist

I wouldn't say a 2nd round pick is ever wasted (except the 2-for-1 in the Langhi trade.) And I have hopes that Malick can make it on this team. He's not ready now, but he might be a nice energetic big man off the bench a la the other Malik (Rose)

11. Absolut_RoxFan

Absolut_RoxFan Contributing Member

Dude daaum, how many times can you ask about Malick Badiane in a single 2 month period? I mean seriously, do you know him or do you have a crush on him or something? what?

12. Sane

Sane Member

I'd much rather he was sitting on our bench than getting a measly 15 minutes on some second rate team in Germany.

At the very least, he could work on his shooting (FT and Mid range) in practices here.

Aside from that, I'm pretty DAMN sure that practicing with the Houston Rockets will improve him more than 15 minutes of playing in Germany.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Malick is an unskilled big man who can jump. That's it.

14. Sane

Sane Member

You mean like Amare Stoudamire and the former Antonio McDyess?

That doesn't mean I think he'll become that good, but you're assuming no improvement, which is illogical.

15. Sane

Sane Member

Oh and, btw, being big and athletic are two of the few things you can't acquire through practice.

I'd rather teach a big and athletic guy that try and grow a small and stiff with skills.

16. Panda

Panda Member

Bring Badman home. I have a feeling he'd get fired up in the NBA and from what we saw, fire is his game.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't know if he is learning much in Germany.He needs to work on his fundamentals and get game experience but he showed determination and some talent when he was here.
    I hope they will bring him back next year and see if he can make the team.

18. franchise?..NOT

Let's remember that this is a Rudy pick. He raved about this guy. Just like Nachbar and Rhodes and Washington and Griffin and Francis and Cato and ................

Get the idea. If this guy pans out it will be inconsistent with "the great evaluator of talent's" record. At best he sounds several years away.

19. Relativist

Not trying to defend our draft selections of recent years, but don't forget Malick's a freaking second round pick. It would be fantastic if he pans out, but no reason to call for CD's head if he doesn't.

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The only reason I think Malik would be a benefit to our team is this. We have no energy off the bench. The closest thing we have to energy is Cato and maybe Wilks. JVG talks about our energy not being there but if Malik were on the bench and could come in and block a shot or two while fouling everybody and getting some boards it might spark some of our vets.

Its the whole reason to have a guy like Najerra or Mark Madson on your team. Its not because they are good.

Just a thought.