1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else find it refreshing the FIRE AND PASSION Mike D'Antoni shows on the sidelines

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Nov 3, 2016.

1. CallMeTheDream

Jennings had some words for harden after the game and they had to be broken up

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He seems calm with the players and passionate in other places. So far so good

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's funny, Jennings always would talk up hardens game on social media. I think they go way back

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

So apparently at the end of the game, I think Jennings was guarding Wiltjer and clearly pushed him. After, he just waved Wiltjer off.

I think Harden took exception to the non call and was talking to the ref. Jennings was the one initiating the conflict.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I will say this about the lakers and knicks situation he was in.

They were toxic before and after he left. Not saying that he handled it well because he didn't but both those teams are still a mess. (Lakers look like they might be turning it around) but the knicks are still hot garbage and toxic from top to bottom.

I'm not a huge MDA guy but he is a very good coach and is highly respected by his coaching peers. I also think it helps that his best player likes him and wants to play his way. Kobe and melo didn't buy in.

Melo is garbage most overrated "superstar" of the last decade. Kobe is Kobe he was at the end of his career but he can do what he wanted imo he's a champ top 15 player all time and TBH, MDA and Kobe did find some common ground and picked up quite a few wins before the injury.

6. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

Well D'Antoni should be pretty excited... This is the first time he has an elite player capable of running his offense. When he coached NY, there was no one that can run his offense. D'Antoni, since Phoenix and Nash, had coached some incredible talents such as Kobe and Melo, but their skills doesn't fit his system. That's why LA and NY failed miserably.

Since arriving in Houston, for the first time since Nash, he had an elite player who can actually run his system. James Harden is extremely talented and he possess the perfect skills for that offense. Harden possess the incredible court vision and the ability to make tough and at times, impossible passes. Harden is a PnR machine and he is also one of the best offensive player in the league. James Harden in D'Antoni's system is deadlier than Steve Nash. Coach D'Antoni has a incredibly special player running his system, he needs to make the best of it.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

let's wait for 20 games and make assessments...i still think it's too early..

with the 2014/15 teams, we could occasionally beat elite teams. im hoping that we can do the same under MDA

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I will find it "refreshing" if we start playing defense or start winning. I don't care what someone's demeanor is like on the sidelines.

Lol. I get it; any way to not face the reality of the mediocrity treadmill. Any straw to grasp at; I get it.