1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any chance we can go back to post game threads?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by SWTsig, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Or is there a reason they were discontinued? I actually prefer them.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I prefer the post game threads as well, though I hardly ever check in (post-) game threads. It's like I read through a page, refresh it and suddenly I'm 3 pages behind.

But I think Clutch joins them to make the GARM less clustered.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Yeah, I like the post game threads better. I don't check the game threads much, myself. There isn't really a discussion there - just people venting out their feelings. I go to the chatroom for that since chat is a better format (quick, no need to refresh). The old post game threads were about analysis - you can pretty much read through the entire thing. With the game threads, you have to trek back to find where the analysis starts.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I still don't understand the appeal of using the game threads for instant reaction...chat is much better for that. There is very little actual "analysis" going on in the game thread, just reactionary posting that would be much better suited to a real time chat.

The rules are the same for both chat and the board and there is no additional benefit derived from a large post count so the post padding from game threads is useless.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So thats how DaDa did it...

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Exactly. Except DD did it in all threads.

8. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Agreed. Post game thread would be useful.

9. split41

split41 Member

I wasn't around when there were post-game thread, but I think it sounds like a great idea to bring them back. The game threads are sort of treated almost like a chatroom/reaction thread, which I quite enjoy tbh, it feels like I'm watching the game with a bunch of buddies on the couch, but the post-game discussion almost gets lost in the clutter.

A lot of game thread discussions trickle into the post-game analysis, and I feel like the post-game discussions should have a different feel to them than the chatroom/reaction vibe. It'd be nice to have a separate thread to really dissect what we can take from the game (and what it means for the rockets in the future), but instead, to use today as an example, there were pages of people discussing whether Lin flopped or whether Lin carried the knicks to the playoffs. The people posting their rounded opinions or questions about the rockets as a whole sort of get lost in the rabble.

It's not really a big issue either way, but the idea of a post-game thread sounds like a good idea to me. Just my 2 cents as a newb.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been wondering, why not just delete the game threads all together since it's being treated like the chat, which we already have. So it moves the crowd to the chat room and we don't have to hit F5 every 5 seconds.

Then after the game, create the post game thread.