1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any chance of Mutombo winning 6th man of the year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmart9419, Apr 13, 2005.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Mutombo has my vote for the 6th man of the year. As old as Deke is, he is still a dominant defensive force. The Rockets has the best interior defense in the league and Mutombo is the reason why. Deke plays nearly 33% of the minutes for center and those are big numbers for a backup. Deke brings energy, intimidation, rebounding and of course the block shots along with the finger wag. With Yao and Mutombo, the Rockets probably have the league's #1 and #2 intimidators in the paint. DEKE for 6th MAN!!!

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Hadn't thought about it before, but certainly sounds like it should happen.

If not 6th man of the year at least best 6th man of the year over 50.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who wants to Sixth Mutombo?

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

He's not glamorous enough for these media heads. His impact on our team off the bench has been tremendous. I definitely think he should be a candidate. He's responsible for our interior fear factor as well as allowing Yao to be more effective by resting.

5. boiler

boiler Member

JVG

6. justcallmejoe

justcallmejoe Contributing Member

as much as i want deke to get the award, i think it'll be tough to beat ben gordon from the bulls, he's been the front runner for most of the year...

7. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

And Ricky Davis.

8. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Theoretically he should be a front runner for the award but I don't think he scores enough to make his stats stand out to the media. Unfortunately most of his impact is intangible in block shots, shot alterations, pressence in the paint, rebounds etc.
    In todays drama-media those stats and impact won't mean much.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

He deserves it but it won't happen.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

i don't think he gets enough minutes to warrant consideration.

personally - i think he should be considered.

11. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

yeah i definitely think ben gordon will get 6th man as a consolation prize for not winning ROY... but i hope mutumbo can get it.