1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Oct 30, 2013.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Did you not see his highlights today? He was knocking down jumpers and showing he has a faceup/low post game.

Look at his numbers. Last year 22 PER at age 19 as a rookie. That's insanely good statistics.

Call me crazy but I see Hakeem-like potential in this kid. He was the size of a guard when he was younger and developed guard skills, then had a HUGE growth spurt. People on CF always compare every rookie big man on the Rockets to Hakeem, well this is the only young guy I've seen in the NBA in the last 10 years who I think actually has that kind of upside.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

How many times have you watched him play an NBA game? Never? You seriously have no idea. Josh Smith?

Bad position, bad form, bad technique, bad "everything"? I guess he has no chance according to you.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

New Orleans just needs to keep him as the PF because I don't think he can hold up as a C. Morey better not even think about trading Asik to New Orleans for Ryan Anderson (as if that would be a fair trade anyway). A Davis-Asik frontcourt is very scary.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You seriously do not know much about basketball. Comparison to Josh Smith is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

5. conquistador#11

I see more tim duncan than hakeem. His footspeed and agility isn't even close to dream's.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

You're a piece of **** for bringing religious views here, you know that.

7. t_mac1

He's way more athletic than Duncan ever was. Let's hope he keeps improving. His peak will be scary if he stays healthy.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Duncan was pretty athletic. His game wasn't that flashy, but I don't think he lacked athleticism. Maybe old duncan is not athletic, but he was a pretty good athlete when he was younger.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anthony Davis is good, but i see more hype than anything. he will become a very solid player, but not superstar or maybe not even all star. Which is the Josh Smith comparison. Good defense, borderline all star and lacks a good offensive game. Not comparing his game to Josh Smith.

Ps, sorry for being a drunk arse last night

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

Haha, no worries.

You're still wrong, though. I would bet money that he's an all star this year.

11. BigMaloe

Over who? Who does he replace?

Howard, Griffin, Aldridge, Durant, Duncan, Randolph, Lee from last year. Add both gasol brothers, cousins, Parsons and Hayward to the competition.

#31 BigMaloe, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Do you not see the numbers he's putting up? Consistent 20+ points

13. BigMaloe

How does he score them though? He doesn't have a post game. He doesn't have a reliable jumper. He is great close to the rim, good efficient dunker and with layups. Put backs are not an offensive game.

I will go watch some highlights and check it out.

14. gambingo

gambingo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OvwiuWcQPxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Definitely superstar potential.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Chris Bosh meets Marcus Camby.

He's gonna be a great player.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this is the dictionary definition of "total package"

he demonstrated every skill from every spot on the floor

17. t_mac1

1) He already has a better jumpshot than Josh Smith
    2) He's a great FT shooter
    3) He has a very good face up game and can drive past any big man to get to the rim. Obviously his post game needs improvement, but he's a baby. He has more offensive game than any new big men coming in.

And you're right. Go watch his games, not just highlights. Because you don't know what you are talking about.

18. BigMaloe

Watched the vid. Lots of easy looks at the rim, lots of dunks and a few open jumpers. No post game. Can't create his own shot. And while his highlights show him making jumpshots its not a strength. His fg% is .464 and that's with a LOT of dunks

19. BigMaloe

1. Comparison to Smith was only about defensive skill and lack of offensive skill while being borderline star. Not actual comparison
    2. He is a good ft shooting big
    3. He is quiker than most to all Biggs, he is very athletic. So he should run past them. post fame lacks and yes he is young give him time i understand. His jumpshot is lacking also though. But he is a decent passer.

20. t_mac1

If this is how most fans make their observations, no wonder...