1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another trump attack on education

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

It is because idiots like Trump get angry that educated people know he is fool of crap....... and that creationism is absurd...... and that vaccinations work...... and the confederate flag is stupid...... and hating queers is bigoted...... and that monuments and statues don't mean a damn thing when that is all you have.

So the Republican party just labels them "indoctrination camps"........ the Republican party doesn't want to lose the uneducated white voter so they cannot simply admit that the Earth isn't 5,000 years old and that we DID go to the Moon (science!).

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Also........ I would like Trump to try taking away their tax exempt status.

The chance of that happening is ZERO.........

John Roberts ought to go ahead and write his opinion now on a cocktail napkin and send it to Trump.

Not happening.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The whole trashing of our universities by conservative politicians seems to be a pretty obvious tactic to boost identitarian ego amongst the conservative base of white blue collared workers. They are essentially stroking their ego. They are enamoring them by claiming that they were smart for not attending college. Stroking egos is a powerful way to obtain a reliable voting base.

It used to be that college graduates would have overvalued self worth were they would routinely trash blue collared workers. That trend has seemed to reverse. I never hear college educated people insult blue collar workers anymore and I consistently see blue collar workers making fun of and meming college students. Maybe it's just deserved pushback for the rhetoric that came before? But it's obvious now that there is a stigma to higher education from a large segment of American society.

#23 fchowd0311, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Americans Overwhelmingly Favor Sending Trump Back to School in Fall
    By Andy Borowitz July 9, 2020
    [​IMG]

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Amid the debate over reopening the nation’s schools, a new poll shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans would like Donald J. Trump to go back to school in the fall.

Due to social-distancing requirements, those surveyed agreed that there should be limits on class size when Trump returns to school, but that his class should be large enough to accommodate other education-starved students such as Jared Kushner, Rand Paul, and Betsy DeVos.

Although Americans acknowledge that the logistics of sending Trump back to school could be complicated and expensive, the cost of his continuing lack of education is far greater, the poll indicates.

Americans were split on which school subjects they would like to see Trump focus on most when he returns to the classroom.

Science and math received the strongest support, but a substantial number of respondents also favored history, geography, and English.

Finally, if Trump is ordered back to school in the fall, a vast majority of respondents urged that steps be taken to insure that he does not send someone else in his place.

joshuaao, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, his base gets upset when their sons come home for summer break and argue with them about abortion, gay marriage, and religion. They blame colleges for expanding their sons' minds.

foh, joshuaao, mdrowe00 and 6 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

“Come on Tanner it was just a joke. I didn’t want to invite your bi Muslim girlfriend over for pork chops if she can’t eat pork. It was just a joke! Tell me she isn’t pregnant? I’m not so sure this Ivy League has been good for you, they got that liberal bullshit in your head.”

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate your saying that, thanks.

B-Bob, Nook, fchowd0311 and 1 other person like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it’s worse though: he’s making another cult leader like move. Basically another “trust only me” moment where any well-educated person who might speak to one of his supporters is the enemy. Any well-educated person on TV or Twitter: enemy. “Is your grand kid trying to talk to you about Trump in a negative way? Well, she’s in college, isnt she? Her mind’s been ruined.”

#29 B-Bob, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    RayRay10, joshuaao, mdrowe00 and 4 others like this.
  10. conquistador#11

Good! Did you know George Washington was the first president of the United States? It's the most incredible thing.
    Not many people know that. When I mention it to them, they're in total shock.
    Mr. George or Jorge, how I like to call him, would cross the Delaware Ocean in a small wooden boat made of wood with big icy waves crashing down, all while calmly standing posing for a painting. You just don't see that type of stuff anymore and kids are not learning this.

-ramblings of a mad hambre-

RayRay10, Blatz and fchowd0311 like this.