1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another school shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, May 18, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

With just one door, a clever madman / madboy could pretty much wipe out an entire school. (I know this has already been said in more condensed language but worth repeating.) A lot of lives were saved by kids, you know, being able to run out of nearby exits. Sheesh.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I got nothing. I don't go after 4-yr olds. I didn't realize that before when I called you an idiot. You're a child who obviously had his favorite toy taken away. You should take your nap soon.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not surprising.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You can have several entrances just have them all secure. You can also have many more exits but have them be fire exits, not used during regular class exchange. It isn't hard to keep a building fire safe that houses thousands of people and is secure. Go to any federal building.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ever since Columbine, these shootings have had a profound impact on me but this one being 10 miles away takes it to another level. I am not very religious, but these folks appreciate the prayers. This community is unlike many other in a lot of ways and although most probably have different political views than the majority of the DnD, I guarantee you these families would give you the shirt off their back. Very sad day.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The problem with this is that it's easy to walk up to your one entrance with a metal detector and shoot anyone there and walk into the school. It's also easy for a student to leave a bag with weapons outside any exit and then walk in the front and go to that exit to pick up your bag and then start shooting. Anyone who really wants to do this is going to do it as long as they have access to the firearms. Basically this is hoping you can catch someone screwing up before they start shooting. You can't man every entrance and exit with security and you can't rebuild hundreds of thousands of schools.

vinsensual likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Guns don’t kill people, doors kill people

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Of course you have an armed guard at the checkpoint. It may not be the answer but it’s a deterrent.

cml750 likes this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

School shooters are a symptom, not the cause. If he can't shoot up his school, he'll go to a mall or something. You have to deal with the reasons why they decide to do something like that in the first place.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why and how.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Thanks to the 5 aholes on the S. Ct. elected by the NRA and the gun lobby who decided that the Framers two hundred years ago wanted every individual to have the right to run around with murderous weapons.

13. Bandwagoner

alarms on exit doors exist.

any secured entrance has security. I doubt these losers could pull off a Neo from the Matrix entrance.

perfect is the enemy of good, both of your scenarios would limit the shooters actions. banning rifles would not have.

JuanValdez and cml750 like this.
  14. RESINator

RESINator Member

Dad should be charged for reckless endangerment and manslaughter. Something needs to be done about safe use and secure storage of weapons.

cml750 and Colt45 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gun laws in Texas are so insanely weak... and watch NRA spokeperson get slapped with the truth

superfob likes this.
  16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Somehow if guns were completely illegal and people did hard time for owning them I'd imagine these murders would decline immensely. I don't know...maybe that makes too much sense. But apparently we should be armed encase the government decides to use their drones, tomahawk missiles, tanks, and air superiority against us...we need our pea shooters for defense. You know...just encase. Because that's more likely to happen than crazy irrational kids getting a hold of their parents weapons (who got them legally) and gunning down innocent kids.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

americans don't support a total gun ban.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_warfare

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Does it matter with this congress and president? On to the next shooting.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Chicago.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

...Where they get their guns from places that sell them legally.

mdrowe00 likes this.