1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew "Damaged Goods" Bynum: what is he worth?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by baller4life315, Jun 7, 2013.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Just curious to see a discussion on what sort of contract you think Bynum is likely to receive.

Also, if you're the Sixers (new GM and all), do you bring him back?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3 year deal close to the max last year team option

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

You have to consider he's one of very few(maybe less than 10) players who could totally impact the game on both ends when healthy. As weird as it sounds, a lot of teams should offer him multi-year max deal if the goal is to be contender and if he is healthy now.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I'm guessing teams sign him to the max plus a team option for the 2nd year. Perhaps a non guaranteed contract that goes into effect after a certain number of games have been met

5. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Whoever offers him the max will regret it.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

If we don't get Howard (and I don't think we will), I wouldn't mind us going after him. Of course, not for the max... maybe somewhere in the low teens. Would not give anyone away to make room for him though... unless it's Mr. BangBus.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

3 year 25 mill? :)

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bynum is a thug on the court, and a bum off the court.
    Would not risk ANYTHING on him.

9. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Bynum is skilled but with low motivation. Very bad idea to give him any kind of max contract, as he will just do nothing afterward. I'd give him 3 years and 10million. Some desperate team will probably give him 3 years and 13 million, or 4 years with heavy insurance provisions.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dose knees doe!

[​IMG]

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Vet min. Though I would do a S&T with White.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Same as Reeko. 3 Year deal at close to max.

And if Im Hinkie, I reach out to him on July 1st to start negotiations, and state my case as to why we are placing certain values on his contract, and start the negotiation process.

You might lose Bynum for nothing if he walks to another team that overpays him, but you can't go have a press conference and say that you gave up great assets for nothing with Bynum. You have to give it a shot to re-sign him.

If you re-sign him on a contract you are comfortable with, and he re-gains his health next season, you will be very glad you went after him. What might make Hinkie's career as a GM short lived is if they let Bynum walk in free agency, and he has an all-star calliber season next year.

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

maybe trade Asik and Robinson for him

14. Sanity2disChaos

A team would be stupid to offer him near max unless he shows he has healed fully from injury but I wouldoffer a one year 10-12 million tiral run.....

1 year=12 mill......(2nd year team option)

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

With his injury history and his antics this year the his last year with LA, teams will be very cautious to give him any type of big money long term deal. Philly got totally screwed on that trade this summer. He has shown no signs of being ready to play. He would need to be working out and playing this summer to show teams he is ready to play. I don't see him commanding near max money at this point. Too much of a liability. Just like this season, he can sign, get paid, and then kick back on the bench and do a little rehab every now and then.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Somebody will give him a max deal. Not saying that they should, just that they will.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

3 years starting at $8 million, with team options on years 2 and 3....and only after an extensive physical.

18. Raven

Raven Member

His contract will either be too much or two little, but I think he's too much of a risk to sign. Perhaps a two year deal, but some team will stupidly offer more.

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

He is worth MLE or possibly around Asik's contract (8 mill/yr). Due to the fact he is a 50/50, chance to be great, or just injured all year.

He'll GET at least a 3 year max deal for sure. Enough desperate, stupid teams out there. If Javale/Deandre can get 10+ mill/yr. Bynum will get a max.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

$3m, 1 year. Then we'll see.