1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Andrew Bogut chose Dallas over Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good! Bogut is an aaaaaass

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't want that dirty-ass player on our team anyway.

3. Chamillionaire

Mejiri actually can play some defense. Not bad there with Bogut and Mejiri. They'll always have someone protecting the paint...

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's Bogut's contract year, certainly, he should choose Dallas. He understands Capala is the future C in Houston

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

He needs to earn a next contract

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I hate this guy, not just bc he chose dallas bc i wouldn't want him in a rockets uniform anyway.

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Bogut would get near $20m per year foe his next contract if he can stay healthy. The Warriors bases their team defense around him. Very good positional defender and a solid passer (that no longer needed to show this facet of his game with Draymond Green)

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I can't blame him for choosing the Mavs over us:

1) Dallas had a better record than the Rockets last season.
    2) Carlisle is a better coach than D'Antoni.
    3) He'll get more minutes with the Mavs.
    4) His teammate, Harrison Barnes, is accompanying him to Dallas.
    5) He saw first-hand in the playoffs in April how dysfunctional the Rockets were and a lot of those players are still on the roster.
    6) Dallas despite a ton of injuries put up a respectable fight against the Thunder in the first round, while the Rockets despite being almost completely healthy laid down and quit against a Curry-less Warriors team.

Now all that being said, the Rockets could completely turn things around this season and leave Dallas in the dust. But at the moment, I do think the Mavs are a better option for Bogut than we are.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Capala has made Bogut obsolete

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Dallas MFFL's reaction to reports that Bogut chose Dallas over Houston:

[​IMG]

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bbbbbut we have a cranky old man who will constantly voice his objections to that superstar and attempts to redirect as many conversations as possible in order to get him off his lawn.

#71 SamFisher, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    chievous minniefield likes this.
  12. en455

en455 Member

This...only thing I would amend is that Bogut isn't playing more than 25 minutes for anyone. However, compared to being on a roster with Capela on a Dantoni coached team hold a lot more uncertainty for a true center type like him.

Also, supposedly Barnes was the player on GS he was closest with.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I blame the weather.

14. mightybosstone

The starting 5 certainly would have looked better with Bogut as the starting center, but he wasn't going to be the long-term solution at the position anyway. Nene gives them 80 percent of what Bogut does with a better shooting touch, he signed for a fraction of the cost, and the difference in price allowed them to sign Harden to an extension. Plus, this gives Clint a chance to prove himself. So I'd call this an overall win.

15. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Thank Giod. IDK why we would want him anyway. Someone already stated that he wouldn't get away with all the illegal screens and that hit the nail on the head.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bogut is still a really good defender. Nene isn't bad and gives you a little more on offesnse but will turn 34 later this year.

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

why the hell do Dallas help GS take this huge contract off? don't understand, let them pay all the money they want to get superstars, the entire league should be boycotting any trade with GS, let them pay all the money

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I blame James Harden, just like everything else that happens with the Rockets.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Smart decision, Bogut! Dallas' highest paid player has averaged 10 and 4.5 for his career on 28 minutes. He's locked up for 4 years on a max contract! Booyah. If he played 81 minutes per game he'd score more than Harden with that kind of production!! Don't forget that Dirk is 38 years spry!! Seriously though, Wes Matthews is an above average defender who rarely ever misses his shots (ahem .388 from the field for 12.5 ppg). I hope you're ready to carry this team because the starters only average 56.6 ppg without you! Our starters averaged 75.6 ppg without you so we'll be fine! It's more like 80.9 ppg if Gordon starts over Bev but what-ev...

20. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

i'll give you my most honest opinion....

if Bogut chose Houston - "Awesome! Hated the guy but we could definitely use him. Can you imagine Harden coming off those illegal screens he sets? Good pick up Morey!"

Because Bogut chose Dallas - "Good riddance. Hated the guy. didn't need him anyways. He sets too many illegal screens. Glad we didn't get him."