1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson - 2024 NFL Hall of Fame Nominee

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 28, 2023.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Curtis Martin?
    Csonka?
    Leroy Kelly?
    Hornung?

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Floyd Little? Only rushed for 1,000 yds once, 6,323 career yds, 3.9 yds average per carry, 43 TDs.

He did make 5 Pro Bowls and led the league in rushing one year, but I gotta believe he made Hall on his return abilities.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I disagree. From 1983-1985, he may have been the best running back in football (I'd have Dickerson #1 - but it was close): 5,844 YFS; 43 TDs + the '84 postseason in which he dropped 466 in 3 playoff games (8 YPC) and carried the Raiders to the title (with 191 rushing yards rushing in the Super Bowl).

He generated 1,000+ YFS in 11/16 seasons and scored double-digit TDs 7 times. When he retired, only Jerry Rice had more total TDs in the entire history of the NFL - 19 ahead of Jim Brown.

Yes, he played a long time and compiled numbers. I wouldn't say it's my favorite path to the Hall. But... Marcus Allen was good for a long time. His final three seasons in KC, he generated 2,800 yards, 4.1 YPC and scored 25 TDs - and he was mostly the back-up.