1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Agassi took Crystal Meth

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AstroMechPLZ, Oct 28, 2009.

1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/bu...s-he-used-crystal-meth-during-?urn=ten,198530

Here's an excerpt from his book:

"Slim is stressed too ... He says, You want to get high with me? On what? Gack. What the hell's gack? Crystal meth. Why do they call it gack? Because that's the sound you make when you're high ... Make you feel like Superman, dude.

"As if they're coming out of someone else's mouth, I hear these words: You know what? F*** it. Yeah. Let's get high.

"Slim dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table. He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some. I ease back on the couch and consider the Rubicon I've just crossed.

"There is a moment of regret, followed by vast sadness. Then comes a tidal wave of euphoria that sweeps away every negative thought in my head. I've never felt so alive, so hopeful - and I've never felt such energy.

"I'm seized by a desperate desire to clean. I go tearing around my house, cleaning it from top to bottom. I dust the furniture. I scour the tub. I make the beds."

---

"My name, my career, everything is now on the line. Whatever I've achieved, whatever I've worked for, might soon mean nothing. Days later I sit in a hard-backed chair, a legal pad in my lap, and write a letter to the ATP. It's filled with lies interwoven with bits of truth.

"I say Slim, whom I've since fired, is a known drug user, and that he often spikes his sodas with meth - which is true. Then I come to the central lie of the letter. I say that recently I drank accidentally from one of Slim's spiked sodas, unwittingly ingesting his drugs. I ask for understanding and leniency and hastily sign it: sincerely.

"I feel ashamed, of course. I promise myself that this lie is the end of it."

---

The ATP accepted Agassi's version of events and he received no drug suspension.

This is interesting... I wonder how it could affect his career and legacy?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

gross, crystal meth is ****ing disgusting, you have to be a complete idiot to do that ****.

3. Asian Sensation

Is he that desperate to sell a ****ing book? Why in the F would you ever want to admit something like that? Somethings are better left untold. This is one of them. I'm sure he's going to receive some backlash from "conservative" tennis fans and possibly tarnish his image admitting something stupid like that.

With that said.... I could care less what he did or didn't do. I'm sure many famous people have done worse. They're just not foolish enough to admit it.

4. worzel gummidge

He's always been known as being two-faced. His on-camera personality and being a complete douche off it.

5. Asian Sensation

Surely, he was no boyscout like Pete Sampras and that's what drew a lot of casual fans and attention to Agassi but this is really stupid. He was probably high when he admitted that. " IM SOOOOOOOOOO FREEEEEEEEEEEEE. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

6. aghast

aghast Member

I blame Brooke Shields. First she shaved off all his hair in the middle of the night, the Delilah to his Samson.

And she was clearly otherwise a poor influence. Those "Suddenly Susan" wrap parties were notoriously off the chain.

[​IMG]

Amphetamine is known to be a performance enhancer of choice in batting in baseball, but I don't think it would be all that beneficial in tennis, where endurance enhancers would be more likely to be abused for the sport.

I don't really care that Agassi chose to use, and appreciate his (admittedly belated) honesty. He's still one of the all-time greats. I don't think sports leagues should care all that much what their players do to get high recreationally.

Which is all just to say: Free Martina Hingis!

7. aghast

aghast Member

Yes; spending millions of his own money (even in retirement) to open/run a tuition-free charter school in Vegas is completely douchetastic.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Sure you say that now, but in in the 80's everybody was snorting something and you certainly can get a lot of work done on it.

But, it stings like hell on raw sinuses, makes you sweat and stink, trashes your health and is a hard habit to quit.

We know that now.

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

damn, that's a pretty minor offense. seems hardly worthy of a mention.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wouldn't be surprised if he was an addict at some point, and this "Admission" is actually his way of trying to lie through it, just like he did with ATP....

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DidnĀ“t someone in the cast commit suicide and that was somehow related to Brook Shields? That woman is trouble...

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why is this a big deal? Agassi did a lot of stupid things when he was younger, so did a lot of people. We have Presidents that did cocaine, and we are sweating a Tennis Player admitting to using Meth before?

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not surprised. My sister dated a tennis pro for about six years, and according to her, drugs are rampant in tennis.

14. right1

right1 Member

He probably read John Mcenroe's book You Can't Be Serious and wished his autobiography could be that good.

I was at Westside when he accidentally smacked his wife in the face with his racket. That was kind of awkward.

15. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What? The Rebel took drugs? And this is shocking news because?

16. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

17. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

Also included in the book is the fact that his mo-hawk was FAKE!!

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A Tour de France cyclist dropped dead on a big climb (can't recall his name) -- he was high on speed. I think the ATP would definitely consider meth/ speed a performance enhancer, which would be a 2 year suspension.

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

this ain't some everyday s***. you gotta be outta your damn mind to experiment with meth

[​IMG]

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Eh, no big deal, at least as far as his legacy goes. Drugs are bad though, mmmkay.