1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And it’s the Russians that are affecting our elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everybody but you, of course. Because you are clearly smarter and stronger willed than everybody else.

SWTsig, Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The guy whose testimony you posted in the OP is indeed calling it subliminal messaging. He's flatout saying "invisible" messaging is more dangerous than Fake News.

You can also read the full transcript here: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Epstein Testimony.pdf

Not surprisingly using the same scare-tactics people used wrt subliminal messaging in movies/advertisement, way back before Dr Epstein was in practice, he states very clearly in the transcript that Google's supposed SEME (Search Engine Manipulation Effect) -- to include the auto-suggest feature -- is subliminal and invisible....and "the most powerful form of [mind-control] ever discovered"...lulz.

SEME is one of the most powerful forms of influence ever discovered in the
    behavioral sciences, and it is especially dangerous because it is invisible to people
    – “subliminal,” in effect. --
    Page 2 of PDF at link above​

He's wrong. $$, Scare Tactics and Sex are the most powerful forms of influence.
    • What is it in Dr Epstein's testimony that you are afraid of?
    • Is it his scare tactics?
    • Or actual features of Google, when compared to rampant Fake News.

#42 heypartner, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

A hoax? How so genius? I suppose you know more than our intelligence community. Yet you believe that what you posted today.

Deckard likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

McFry he's communicating with us subluminal.

Deckard likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

You know what I’m telling you right now?:eek:

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Subliminal is part but it goes deeper than that. That article is a good read and you’re still not convinced that Google or Facebook can and have manipulated peoples opinions after reading it? There are numerous examples of far less harmful people being banned from social media while others are left standing.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thoughtful reply to my post about joining the KGB in the early 80s because I liked a tv show.

Anyway, I don't disagree with your sentiment. well said. I do wonder, though: is Keri Russell bad at acting? Because I'm leaning towards yes.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Science Channel program Mysteries of the Unknown says subluminal communication is one of the greatest dangers to modern society.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. heypartner

hmmm ... we could test this and subliminal messaging at the same time.

Relax your mind and stare into this image. Deeply ... for 10 seconds

[​IMG]

Now, answer the question: Is Keri Russell a good actress?

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deeper than subliminal?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

heypartner likes this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yes, pushing ones opinion while censoring anothers is not subliminal. Sending messages to Democrats before an election to make sure you get up off your ass and vote is not subliminal.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  12. foh

foh Member

I'm sorry. I could only watch like half the video and you also provided no summary of the facts that video presented. The first half of the video presented no facts whatsoever. The fact that FB and the likes can have a lot of influence on public opinion, I can dig, but have they been caught doing that like this dude is suggesting? - Well he provides no proof of that as far as the video goes and what the commenters in the thread are suggesting.

The first thing I see about Dr Epstein on Wikipedia is that he had a major publicized dispute with Google that effected his bottom line in 2012. There is an obvious conflict of interest here that makes anything that he says about Google (unless he presents a peer reviewed study with robust results) look very much suspect.

Stop with the conspiracy theories and defend the objective arguments presented to you on here. Otherwise, your thread looks pathetic. No offense.

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  13. heypartner

Facebook did not do that in the last election. He clearly states that in the video.

What they did was a test, and they publicized results later -- that's what the OP testimony says. Obviously the whole reason for the exercise was to sell ads during election, or "get out to vote" paid campaigns. To sell ads, Facebook needed to demonstrate the feasibility of doing targeted political ad campaigns using new technology, and the test run apparently happened in 2010, with a public report published in 2012. Sounded rather transparent to me.

I have zero problem with Trump, the Koch foundations, Hillary or grassroots "Get out to vote" campaigns buying a targeted ad campaign to their key constituents, and Facebook proved they can accommodate -- that's their business model. But Dr Epstein clearly said Facebook DID NOT do another unpaid test in 2016.

But, I mean, if your want to be fearful of Scare Tactics of a Psychologist ... Fake News is the problem.

#53 heypartner, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a of what is being censored isn't always opinion but often it's the propaganda and false stories that we see so much of from right wing sources.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

This may go into more detail for you if you care to watch.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are crying like a p***y about Google even though there is no hard evidence that it influenced anything? All you have is the word of a psychologist who has no science behind what he is saying.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are the weak minded falling in line. You need to see this. You are talking about yourself. Wake up buddy.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have clearly been successfully manipulated. You are putting that successful manipulation on display throughout this little thread, manipulation of you, a human being who's allowed himself to be used by those who are using trump for their own ends. You are being successfully manipulated because you are weak minded. Your "defense" is to attack those pointing out what is happening to you.

You are a textbook example of successful manipulation.
    I suspect that you suspect that you are being manipulated, and because you are weak minded, your defense is to "yell" at those attempting to point out what is happening to you, and others, because to accept that you are wrong is to admit failure. It's exactly how trump is. The fellow will not accept that he is wrong about anything. That is you and the few others in your little coterie. You are puppets acting just like your hero, trump, who can never accept being wrong about anything.

The world sees examples of that everyday. In microcosm, we are seeing the same from you and your friends here. The obsession with not being wrong, to the extent that you are oblivious to the truth. That is trump and that is you. With all respect due.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

EXACTLY

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Conspiracy theorists are the same as they were 20 years ago; complete idiots. To give them any sense of rationality or acceptance is the same as giving a child a gun and saying it’s their God-given right to have it