1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Interesting Tidbit for Trade Speculation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MManal, Jan 11, 2001.

1. MManal

MManal Member

I just saw this today on NBAtalk linked to the Dallas morning news.

"Vancouver forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim is available, and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, as always, is in the hunt. The Grizzlies, though, remain intent on dumping Bryant Reeves' salary cap-crippling contract in the same deal."

Maybe HP's scoop on Dallas has some link to all these talks. Also, does anyone know what the Rockets stance is on taking on Bryant Reeves in this deal? I remember Les Alexander had said he doesnt want to face the luxury tax, but the Rockets would be staring down that road if they picked up Reeves and Rahim's contracts.

Also, would the Rockets be a party to their interstate rival adding a player of Rahim's caliber even if it did help themselves improve?

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

[This message has been edited by MManal (edited January 11, 2001).]

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

I would be happy to accomodate any wishes Dallas might have of having Reeves.

Just imagine, if they somehow can send some of Reeves fat to Bradley´s way, they may end up with two serviceable centers. [​IMG]

No way we help Dallas get Reef. Besides, they are not willing to part with any of their players who have REAL value (nowitzki, finley, nash) so i just don´t see that greedy b*stard cuban getting his hands on Reef.

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Maybe IT can merge fat slobs with skinny mission boys.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.