1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

America's New Concentration Camp System

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 23, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think he has to sign or else he’ll have a very simple political case against him any time child concentration camps are brought up.

All the casual voter will hear is “you ... Donald Trump... veto’ed a spending bill to fund care for these children”.

Right now the Republicans like Gregg Abbott can do their whole “shame on you Congress” bit. If Trump vetos this bill he’ll own this just like the shutdown.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I’ve called Trump a jackass many times on this very board. I don’t think he is a misogynist and has a lot of bad qualities. Am I willing to put up with that for good policies though? Until you find me someone better, yes.

The left wing has become such a hate filled hardcore radical group I will not vote for the Democratic Party again until there is a shift in their ideology.

You’re 100% correct, there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying Nazis are bad, hell I encourage it. Through in the alt-right and white supremacist as well. But while your at it don’t forget ANTIFA and BAMN.

Trump is divisive, not arguing there. But lets be honest about the divisive part, the US has been divided along party lines for a while and while Obama may have been a better speaker, he was pretty divisive as well. You will not agree that Obama was divisive but that is because he wasn’t divisive to you. About half the nation sees it differently.

Until the Democratic Party went full on left wing radical I would have been considered middle of the road, a moderate that believed in a lot of liberal ideas as well as a lot of conservative ideas. I still believe in a lot of classical liberal ideas but that is not radical enough for the left.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That’s not really an objective debate about the issues though. What you just did was whataboutism. Whataboutism is defensive debate tactic to defend the position the person you are debating is opposed to. So when you go to whataboutism about Trumps racism, you are passively defending it FYI rather than just saying yes, that is bad in a vacuum.

When you do that you just put the other person on the defensive as well. I’ve learned that with years of being surrounded by oversensitive Republicans. Notice the diversion to detour to the Obama divisiveness debate and turn away from Trump?

And Antifa is so 2017 boogeymen. Where the hell did they go anyways? I thought we were all doomed in 2017, and they were establishing a secret communist regime to overthrow our government. If you really are trying to make a case that Antifa is on par with the White nationalist populist global movement pushed by jackasses like Steve Bannon and the select billionaires that fund this movement, I don’t know what to say to you to have an objective debate.

Also worth continuing to note that the tipping point in Germany leading up to WW2 was Hitler using Antifa protests as a boogeymen to militarize his police force and consolidate power. When you throw out Antifa protesters as a whataboutism excuse to support an authoritarian regime like the Trump regime aspires to be.... you are using some very very historically terrible excuses to justify support for a potentially autocratic state. Not sure Trump supporters who obsess over Antifa know what they are engaged in.

I support Trump because of Antifa.... yeah. That’s insulting our intelligent with that dialogue entry point. I’m glad you can admit that morally bad things are bad, but the whataboutism is a lesser of two evils defense of the position in the end. Any chance you want to take a mulligan and try again?

I think if you and I dropped the BS and were just having a beer somewhere as friends and didn’t play these tactics on each other, I think you’d find that not much has really changed and you probably still agree with 95% of what someone on the left agrees with on the high level details of any discussion. Trumps sh@$ is racist... yeah .. over a beer and that comment comes from the mouth of one of your good friends.... it doesn’t then have to a game to defend Trumps honor. You can just say yeah I actually agree with that point, say I have a different perspective if you want to hear it, or just say no politics bro, let’s take a shot.

#83 dobro1229, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    KingCheetah likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Let's just call it what it is 45's concentration camps system he knew what he was doing when he kept calling a non crisis which he used to create one so he could attempt to fix a problem that he himself help to create and his base fell for it again now it has gotten to the point where his administration has no clue as to how to fix it.All of those kids that have been taken away from there parents and this administration doesn't have a clue as to whom those kids belong to.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're just lying. Three different bipartisan bills failed in the Senate in early 2018.
    Bipartisan Senate effort to protect Dreamers collapses after Trump threatens veto

Obama separated children from adults who could not prove they were related. Trump is simply taking every child from every adult regardless. Your choice to lie about the matter is again, pathetic.
    Donald Trump, again, falsely says Obama had family separation policy

Generally, a child and an adult who arrive together at the border can be separated when border officials cannot establish the custodial relationship; when they believe the custodian may be a threat to the child; or when the custodian is being detained for prosecution.

Immigration experts have told us that family separations were relatively rare under Obama and other past administrations. They did not happen at nearly the scale that they did under the Trump administration.

Honestly you just sound like the typical angry, dopey Republican who is big on rhetoric and wrong on facts. Get a hold of yourself.

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

this FOIA info corroborates the reporting, https://boingboing.net/2018/08/03/deliberate-cruelty.html

Border family separation isn't "zero tolerance" -
    Border Patrol
    looked for parents to charge so they could kidnap kids

The official story of the Trump administration's family separation policy is that it came about as a result of "zero tolerance" in which every person who could be charged with a crime would be, and that meant that parents were arrested too, and since the parents were going to jail, their kids had to be held somewhere.

It turns out that border guards charged "less than a third" of the adults who crossed the border alone since the so-called "no tolerance" policy began -- but that they preferentially brought charges against parents who crossed w their children, so they could take their kids away.

In other words, child separation wasn't the inadvertent side-effect of a zero-tolerance policy.

There is no zero-tolerance policy.​

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Curious why there are so many camps at the border filled with illegals.. if.. there is no crisis at the border?

Wait.. why are all these news outlets like CNN and so forth suddenly saying there is a crisis at the border?

Wait.. wasn't it like a month or two ago libtard world claimed there was no emergency at the border?

Wait.. wtf.. why is congress suddenly asking for 4+billion dollars for border crisis relief when they railed on Trump for wanting to declare an emergency at the border to attain funds to help with a crisis at the border?

mick fry likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's being blown out of proportion IMO. Trump declared an emergency to get funds for a wall when he could have had that done any of the previous two years with the GOP in control of both chambers. I guess they didn't see an emergency either since they never granted the full amount he requested during those years.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So now that trump can't continue to blame Democratic congress (since they have offered bills in the House the past year, and have a new $4.5B bill passed yesterday), trump goes back to whining about how he isn't getting his expensive and ineffective vanity wall...

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol@expensive and they want to send how much for “non crisis” emergency relief? You guys even fell right in line with the “concentration camps” absurdity. You’re nothing if not loyal.
    [​IMG]

#91 mick fry, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://perceptiongap.us/

13. NewRoxFan

... and there you go, trump was all wind about the border situation, as he won't support any legislation to provide emergency funding for border facilities because it doesn't fund "protection" (in other words, it doesn't fund his expensive ineffective vanity wall). trump and his supporters that tried to blame Democratic congress own all the blame.

14. NewRoxFan

Wow, trump's new customs and border patrol trying to defend the indefensible by claiming the children are "soon-to-be MS13". If any senator that votes to approve this guy for the role should be ashamed and voted out of office...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/16/mark-morgan-eyes-ice-director-1449570

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who can take the Democrats seriously?

They said there was no border crisis.
    They said a wall would not work.
    They said it was wrong to make beds for the detainees.

Now they want Trump to sign a border spending bill?

Veto.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who can take you seriously - who quotes and spreads the lies of white nationalists and supports putting children in conditions where they are getting food and not allowed to bath for weeks.

The border spending bill is Trump's bill. The dems just want to add humane treatment - something a racist like yourself is against giving to brown people.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

apparently the white nationalists at Wayfair want to deny migrant children beds to sleep on:

. . . There is a walkout looming by workers at Wayfair, a retail seller of home furnishings and decorative items from thousands of different manufacturers. Strikes aren’t all that unusual, but this one seemingly sprung up overnight and for a puzzling reason. The workers are upset that the company accepted an order for a large number of beds destined for migrant detention centers on the southern border. (Boston Globe)​

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/26/wayfair-workers-strike-sales-migrant-facilities/

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can't take some people seriously... far leftists want to debate such simple facts that it really gets tiring. And when faced with logic they wiggle around worse than flat earthers. It will never be enough for weirdos and it is time to say no more to their reframing of reality.

mick fry likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is an incoherent position to hold:

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and far-rightists like you just want to make facts up. All you do is lie now.

They are white nationalists because they don't want the company they work for to profit off of a concentration camp????

In your attempt to mock the left, you are just coming across as ridiculous.