1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

America's New Concentration Camp System

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 23, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The democratic leaders believe the border wall is a good idea, they only fight it because of trump. Until you are willing to give me a plan as to how we are supposed to keep them without funding, which the democratic leaders refuse to vote on, stop with your vile nonsense.

That’s the problem with politics today, there is no room for discussion or middle ground. there is only extreme opinions which is why we get ridiculous comments from AOC comparing the border to concentration camps. I personally don’t know a single conservative that doesn’t wan’t the kids treated well, but the damn democrats are too busy playing politics to approve any border funding because they don’t want to appear as if Trump got a victory.

Bernie Sanders is proposing a 1 trillion plus bill to wipe out student dept which is being co-authored by other democrats but they wont approve 5 billion funding for the border? If if the wall doesn’t work who the hell cares as long as it leads to better facilities for the kids? We know for a fact that money isn’t the issue with democrats.

And as of now, Obama is part of this thread if for no other reason than to point out the hypocrisy and dishonest outrage about border conditions by the left and the media.

mick fry likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

2020 already shaping up to be a real nasty battle. The wedge issues appear to be extreme claims about border control, college debt, and reparations.

The dems are hedging their bets on offering free stuff and calling the Republicans immoral. Predictable. Yes. Wise? Well, people are dumb enough to go along with it so maybe a good method. I am sure they are going to have a stronger showing than Hilary. Trump needs major victories close to the election to get reelected because Americans have a short memory. The economy will need to be working well and he needs a strong foreign policy win like peace with North Korea or a huge blockbuster trade deal with a foreign adversary that isn't Russia. Also he will need to trounce his opponent with a nasty nickname and as much pressure as possible. People respond well to the grade school stuff.

4. adoo

adoo Member

you forgot the BIGGEST ELEPHANT in the room

health care,
    which was the winning issue for the Dems in 2008
    i see that momentum continues

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They are being forced to give infants dirty bottles with no access to water to clean them for the parents. Young children are in detention facilities with no adults qualified to care for them and are forced to care for themselves. Toddlers and under are in circumstances where they have no diapers, no shower and body wipes. Do you have kids? imagine your kid for 5 days with no diaper at the age of 18 months and no one giving them a bath? Children who are too young for solids and too old for formula are being forced to eat food they aren't supposed to because we won't provide pureed food.

I mean FFS, this is just ridiculous. I'm not an open borders guy. I have no problem enforcing immigration laws. This is beyond the pale.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If true then funding must be given for the infants to be properly cared for. That's a humanitarian problem. Of course, I will ultimately blame the parents for bringing their kids into that dangerous situation if the infants get ill or die. We are not equipped to take care of their babies. They shouldn't assume we are. They made the choice to cross with a baby and endanger them and this is an unprecedented rate of immigration traffic. The US likely didn't expect to be overrun at this rate. So really, it is a crisis. The crisis may need emergency action from the president and even the national guard. Of course, I would never bring a baby to another country and just expect to be welcomed without papers and for them to provide for my baby. Plain and simple.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Remember when the Obama administration sold weapons to Mexican drug cartels that were then used to kill over 150 Mexican people including women and children? Remember when none of you lefties gave a ****? But by all means spew your assumptions based on nothing. '100% honest' . lolz

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You shouldn't make posts asking someone to "remember when" when you don't even know anything about the person you are talking to.

Amiga likes this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But I was told Democrats were for open borders and doing nothing to stop illegal immigration? You want it both ways.

Maybe Democrats are pro-enforcing immigration laws, but at the same time believe in being Humanitarian. Maybe...

adoo and Ottomaton like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

https://perceptiongap.us/

"Republicans guessed that fewer than four in 10 Democrats reject the idea of open borders. Actually, seven in 10 said they do."

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why "OMG", necessarily. My understanding is that the Clint facility was never meant for 300+ children, was built for ~100 capacity, and wasn't intended originally to house children. see e.g., https://nypost.com/2019/06/24/borde...-disgrace-but-theres-no-conspiracy-behind-it/

If the children were removed, and if changes and cleaning were made to the facility while they were absent, and if 100 children are then moved back into the facility, what is the problem?

13. NewRoxFan

My gosh, look at trump favorite fox & friend brian kilmead's comment...

14. NewRoxFan

This is congressman michael burgess, TX-24... and this is what happens when you try to defend the indefensible...

[​IMG]

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

If these people are seeking asylum from countries that are, as AOC says, concentration camps, then does not that make those countries Nazis?

Shouldn’t we invade them?

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Here Here!

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Last I heard these people are free to go back from where they came, they are not being held against their will.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean...

Parties change positions as leadership changes and face changes, this shouldn't be news to anyone, even still, the position from Democrats seem to be the same. You're just missing the context of it. You can still be against illegal immigration and not separate families.

As for this point about...
    "The leaders on the left realized they cannot win future elections without importing millions of new voters from Central America."

You could literally flip this statement around you know to say that the leaders on the right realize they can't win future elections unless they tightly control immigration from certain countries...and why can't Republicans win over new voters if their ideas are better?

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or, as Trump calls them, "Mexicans and Puerto Ricans."