1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

On TD she mentioned she was PG during the early shooting for this season so that will explain her absence.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

people still watching this show are proof of the sunken cost fallacy.

Invisible Fan, mario_v and Nook like this.
  4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Haha. I sold my house for a loss, but I can't stop watching this garbage. Its irrational. I guess I just need some mindless entertainment every once in a while. Its just barely good enough that the urge to find out what happens next outweighs how shitty it has become.

CallMeTheDream and GRENDEL like this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The season premiere is another example of the writers and directors trying to hard to make the show 'artistic'. These stupid pointless flashbacks and flash forwards are stupid. I felt nothing.

They really need to speed up the plot in the show. This show never throws something from left field. It would make the show somewhat more interesting if the show starts tackling the bigger questions such as the status if the government. The last time they tackled these larger questions was way back in season one when the group was in CDC headquarters.

Pen15clubber and Obito like this.
  8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Basically the last time the show was any good.

arkoe and GRENDEL like this.
  9. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

And when Abraham/Eugene convinced them to head to DC

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's so stupid that Rick wasn't able to hit Negan from where he was with that gun. And, to watch them all basically outrun bullets...which I guess was the good guys unable to actually aim their guns. Oh boy. Negan feels so tame these days. Shouldn't he have taken the bat to Eugene's head for not anticipating Rick's next move or something? This whole episode was just full of fail. And, what's all the "what's best for everyone vs the individual" crap Father Gabriel fed Rick when Rick had Negan pinned down. And, Rick being all "okay...drrrrr" and forgetting about Negan. How is leaving Negan alive when you have a moment to take him out good for the community or the individual? LAME! All that Rick huffing and puffing about how he's going to kill Negan. I'm assuming there must be some grander plan. Else, none of this episode made much sense.

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

They need to drag the Negan Rick fight out to at least the mid season finale where they can tease it and then drag it out to the season finale when it will end in a cliffhanger. They even seemed to drag out scenes in this episode for no reasons other than to take up time.

#31 Blatz, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  12. CallMeTheDream

Can’t wait to see what makes him **** his pants. Guy literally has a M16 sitting in his lap lmao.

GRENDEL likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The whole bat thing is one of those deals that looks cooler in a comic that it does in real life.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you're hooked

no hope for you :eek:

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

God kill the series already, why do I keep this show on DVR?

The constant dream state, flash forward, flash backs, etc. etc ****ing kill the pace. STOP!! Father Gabriel in the double wide with Negan is lame!

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the first 40 minutes of the show was filler, flash-forwards and ricks dumb rally speech. the last 20 minutes was "action" if you can call it that.

my main complaint is the lazy, uncreative writing. they set up the characters in these stupid, pointless scenarios simply to move the plot along. all these stupid, over-complex schemes that rick comes up with...i cant take it anymore. and his stupid, generic speech that was supposed to inspire everyone.

rick not shooting neagan when he had him dead-to-rights then backing off when he had him pinned down under that dumpster. they could have shot all the top dogs right there and did nothing. then after they ran they just shot out all the windows.

and gabriel going back to save gregory. why didnt he just call gregory to the truck and then drive away? why did he run over to him and then just sit there and do nothing when gregory ran away. he had a freaking gun on him! if they wanted to set it up that way they could have had gregory pretend he was injured to make gabriel come help him then gregory could have jumped him, stolen the gun and ran away. are the writers even trying anymore?

and why didnt gabriel just blast neagan when he saw him in the trailer?

just lazy writing. and they make all the characters come off as f***ing idiots over and over again. i hate them all b/c they are so stupid. these people actually got dumber since the outbreak...there is no way they should still be alive.

ive been watching this show since it started and ive read the comics. i guess i keep watching b/c ive already gone this far, but its getting tough. i feel like my intelligence is being insulted every week.

CallMeTheDream and Caesar like this.
  17. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

What was up with the countdown for the horde to walk around the bend in the freeway? Where did that math come from?

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No idea..

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If only Rick had snipers because Negan had a clear shot in what felt like forever. But oh wait, Sasha and Rosita deserted last season for some ungodly reason and weren't there. That means no one from the three communities had someone that could decently pick up a rifle.

They used to at least try and bookend the (mid)seasons with a death or something nice. Now it's just foul smelling smoke and greasy mirrors.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It came from the Reagan era. It's the same formula that was used to determine when all the "living victims of AIDS" at the time would arrive at the White House during their protest march for recognition...so Reagan would know when to flee ahead of time while he continued to deny that AIDS even existed publicly.

I thought it was a good answer. :)

Torn n Frayed and Blatz like this.