1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Prime Video available on PS3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Apr 3, 2012.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I might finally switch from netflix.

Dear Customers,

Good news -- Prime Instant Video is now available on PlayStation 3. Since launching a year ago, we've more than tripled our library, including titles such as Sons of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, Lost, Glee, 24, Deadliest Catch, SpongeBob SquarePants, Office Space, The Graduate, The Last Emperor, The Thin Red Line, The Last of the Mohicans, and Brokeback Mountain.

Prime members get unlimited instant streaming of these titles and 17,000 more. If you're already a Prime member, just register your PlayStation 3 and start watching now. If not, start your one-month free trial of Amazon Prime today.

With free two-day shipping on millions of items, access to thousands of books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, and instant streaming of thousands of Prime Instant Videos, Prime is an outstanding value and remains only $79 a year.
    Amazon Instant Video now on PlayStation 3

You can also rent or buy more than 120,000 videos, including new release movies and next-day TV shows, right from your PlayStation 3 with Amazon Instant Video. If you haven't tried Amazon Instant Video, we've made the first episode of more than 100 TV shows free of charge for this week only, available to Prime and non-Prime customers.

Thank you for being a customer.

Jeff Bezos
    Founder & CEO

P.S. Amazon Instant Video is also available on the Kindle Fire, Roku, and hundreds of TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Great to see that they're getting on the big platforms. I've had it embedded on my Sony tv for a while. The selection isn't even close to Netflix yet, sadly.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

oh **** yea.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I'm going to go ahead and try out the free trial when I get home tonight.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Really? Because Netflix streaming had an AWFUL selection.

I guess I'll try it when I get home since I'm already a Prime member. But your post has really lowered my expectations.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Everyone should have Amazon Prime anyways. So worth it. Unlimited free two-day shipping for a year for 40 bucks? I made my money back on one purchase of my LED TV.

8. Xerobull

A ton of people still don't shop online. Last winter people were b****ing about shopping for Christmas at one of my work sites, and I brought up Amazon...they were all mystified that you could buy a gift, have it wrapped for a few bucks and sent for free (with prime).

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah. My Amazon buying habits are getting a bit ridiculous. I have bought floss and toothpaste in bulk on Amazon. It's better prices and they bring it to your door! Free shipping! I've also bought gum, 5-hr energy drinks, and gummy bears...

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Funny, I emailed Amazon back when the Prime streaming service launched and asked them if they had any plans to put their platform on game consoles, the reply was a quick and blunt "NO".

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Lmao. I've bought toothpaste in bulk as well on Amazon.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmm...I dropped cable. Then my cable company begged me to stay, and offerend basic cable for free bundled with my internet at the normal internet price.

I pretty much just use Netflix now. Amazon's service any good?

13. macalu

where did you get it for $40?

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Sorry, I guess I meant $80. I just had it justified in my head for $40 because I got the first year for free and am on my second year, so I averaged it. :p

15. Xerobull

I got it for $40. Student discount.

16. macalu

ah. i'll pay you $20 to add me. :)

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I can add people?

18. arjun

arjun Member

doesnt amazon prime collection suck balls?

19. macalu

yes. i believe you go to account settings and then Manage Prime Membership it should give you the option to invite others onto your account via email.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I just found out that I did in fact pay $39 for being a "student" even though I graduated 2 years ago. Woohoo!