1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I tried looking for anything I needed, but it seemed like anything I'd like to buy was only around $5-$10 off the normal price or some cornball knock-off product similar to it was on sale. The other thing I saw was stuff being marked down, but still higher than what it had sold for sometime during the year. Meh.

Blatz and tinman like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Happy Prime Day !

tmoney1101 and Deckard like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What ya buying for Prime day?

Rocket River

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

maybe a roomba . i had one of the originals back in the day, now these suckers are alexa connected

5. tinman

Supporting Member

what are you getting this year?

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nothing, hopefully. I may move my main tv into my bedroom and get a 65"+ to put in the living/family room, but I can get a tv on sale throughout the year and most of the Black Friday sales are going to be regular prices next year probably, so I can wait. Outside of that, I really don't think I want much of anything. I thought about getting an induction stove for my kitchen, a new fridge, and a new dishwasher, but I may just wait on all that. I decided to "retire" back in February and quit my job, so I'm finding it difficult to spend money. lol.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

the alexa stuff has made me addicted to smart home. I even tell Alexa to turn on the fan.
    I got the lights, tv, speaker, fan all connected.

why not a vacuum cleaner?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Every day is Prime day.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm trying my best to not give away any more of my life to Google and Alexa. :D I don't have Alexa anything (yet) and no plans on getting anything. I also don't need a vacuum. I have a Shark that I'm not going to replace until it croaks and I think the robot vacuums are just not worth it, especially since I'm home all day anyway. I've got nothing better to do, so ... get up and vacuum.

I'll probably wait until Black Friday sales to buy anything, which may be kind of lame this year from what I understand, but we'll see.

Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If there is a smoking hot deal on a 55" OLED then I might jump. But I'd prefer to buy it from Costco, because of their superior warranties.

Also might bite on a good deal for a sub-$150 Chromebook.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

cdkeys selling PS+ codes for half off...they stack if you're into that sorta thing. with PS5 coming figured i'd re-up. prob not a big deal, i'd imagine black friday will see even more of them on sale.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just added a 6qt dutch oven to the basket for $35. Thought it was funny that only one of the colors was at the good price. Its like Prime day is just amazon getting rid of stuff they dont want in the warehouse no more.

boomboom likes this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What's the hot item this year? Everyone still buying pressure cookers?

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

....Fashion PPE?

jiggyfly and DreamShook like this.
  15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Other than a few auto-related items, I think I get more excited for the "Oops, We Baked Too Much" section at the grocery store than what Amazon is offering up this year. Meh to below-Meh level, IMO.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I got a Fire 4K streaming stick for $5.

On slickdeals, tons of people jumped on that. Not sure if the deal still works. But find the one that's on sale for $30 and use code 4KFIRETV at checkout. If you have previously used that code then it won't work.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Damn, missed it! Not in a Fire ecosystem at my house but $5 fires would have gotten one on every TV.

I did get an Air Fryer to fry stuff with air.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Amazon price matched Buy Dig, and they have the Sony 55" A8H for $1,300. From my [admittedly] limited research, I think this it is a pretty good deal.

I agree with you on Costco, that was my preference as well, but they don't see the equivalent of this model, at least I couldn't find it.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Funny you mention this, as I just ordered it like 5 minutes ago. There's an additional 10% back if purchased with an Amazon Visa (as opposed to the standard 5% back).

The down side is this TV doesn't seem to be fully prepared to take off full advantage of next gen gaming systems, but that is not a concern for me.

Nippystix likes this.
  20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Finally something cool coming up...although this would work much better lunching in an office environment...

[​IMG]