1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one that misses Aaron Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBrownDude, Feb 25, 2011.

1. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

I mean I've been following him on the phoenix website and there's highlights of his outstanding play making. And him looking so good in Rockets Red. I don't think it feels the same watching him in another uniform. I know he was kind of a ball stopper this year but the past 2 years, He was the reason why I would watch the Rockets and cheer.

1 person likes this.
  2. Braga

Braga Rookie

Yesh you are. Brooks was not going to be here next season. No way Morey was going to give him 8-12 million to back-up Lowry who he feels should be starting. At least we got something for him now instead of losing him in the off-season. Samething with Battier

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Well, let's put it this way. I missed last year's Aaron Brooks LONG before Aaron was traded.

I like the guy well enough, this just wasn't his year and it was time for him to get a fresh start.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm sure you're not the only one. DD is with you.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Nah dude, I miss him too. But I miss the guy from last year and two years ago, who was the best player in the playoffs on the most successful team the Rockets have had in the last 14 years.

But, for Brooks's sake and the Rockets' sake I am going to be optimistic about the change. I think it might be best for both parties. It'll give Aaron a legit shot at getting his career back on track, and it will clarify things for the Rockets' rotation. As much as I love Brooks and think he will get his game back eventually, it was not going to happen this year on this team. And with him playing so poorly, the Rockets were not going to give him the contract he wanted, anyway. Which means he was going to sign elsewhere in the offseason. So, this way, at least we got something in return.

Also, if you are a Brooks fan, I think you are going to like Goran Dragic too.

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

but DD is in cf jail right now

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

No his not, just not posting as much. I saw him post a couple of times during the trade deadline...

8. parmesh

parmesh Member

Sorry, I missed out on what happened. Not to derail from the thread, but...what happened to DaDa? And yeah, you aren't the only one...it was just time to move on.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

On Brooks; I don't miss him, but I do hope he regains some of his form so he can help the Suns get into the playoffs and we can get a mid-first rounder... :)

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

last years AB is the same AB, he was injured and ****ed over to the corner he was presently in.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You're definitely not. It's just that this forum gets more irrational and flat out dumber each year, and those are the ones that post the most. It takes too much energy to keep up with them.

12. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

It's unfortunate we had to sell low. Just think of what could of been if AB's value was still high.

It's unfortunate AB had injury, chemistry, and performance issues that essentially lowered his value to that of Dragic + pick. Loved his game, but a contract year is a contract year. Gotta wish him the best of luck in his career.

1 person likes this.
  13. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

AB will heal better there.

14. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Wut?

I don't miss him really in the same way that I'll admit I miss Artest or Battier. He had a few good memories, but couldn't handle being the backup. So it goes. Hopefully Dragic pans out.

15. Antec

Antec Member

Its what it is....Highlights. Always shows the positives, never the negatives.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Brooks is like a bulldog all grown up. He was cute to play with at first, but then he got older and less cute. So we all hate him now. Yup. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Wish the guy well and hope he regains his game. Saying that, he quit on the team and right there he lost me so not sorry to see him go.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hasn't been long enough to 'miss' him, but there was a time when Chuck, Brooks, and Landry were my favorite Rockets - Bull's infamous earth, wind, and fire. Now all that's left is earth.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think given an offseason to heal and get his mind right, AB would have been a massive weapon off the bench for us. I'm not very satisfied with the trade, but I can understand why it had to happen.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I miss him, too, but I understand why he had to go.

Just sad that things had to end like that.