1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ALS Challenge] Harden & Team USA call out Obama, Oprah, and Adam Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 15, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

http://www.csnhouston.com/basketbal...ns-ice-bucket-challenge-calls-out-obama-oprah

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/ru6qzNNlcn/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/ru7dXegHGN/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

#1 RV6, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. bmd

bmd Member

Lol, Harden swings for the fences.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

he looks fat.

why isn't he playing defense?

he didn't look committed to the challenge.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Harden looks fat as hell in this with that flat stomach.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

RV6 with another CH-esq thread title :p

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL @ Derozan

7. chandlerbang21

Another stupid challenge

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Yeah, how stupid. :mad: Why are they trying to do something for a good cause? :eek:

9. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Breaking news: Fat Harden not so fat after all.

Paging Cybrex to confirm.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It is amazing the amount of negativity I have seen around this.

I first starting seeing tons of videos of NHL players doing this, and the Facebook comments were people who were irate that they were "just pouring ice on themselves" rather than videotaping themselves handing out money to "research".

Any time you involve charity some people seem to think they can do it better than you do.

I think it's fun, and it has definitely worked in bringing awareness to the cause. If you're upset by it, join the rest of us and donate.

Good job team USA.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

PS - vid was actually pretty funny too.

12. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

My father died of ALS so I appreciate the fact they are raising money. Your comment is pure ignorant.

13. torocan

torocan Member

Apparently it's raised close to $10M in 3 weeks for ALS related charities... a pace that's about 10x what ALS usually raises in a similar time period. So whether they donate or not (most say they're also donating), it's having a legitimate impact on charitable giving.

If it takes a gimmick like a bucket of ice water to get people to think about the charity and donate, then why are people complaining?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if it started with ALS in mind..Maybe it did, but when all this first started it had the rep of being an internet thing like planking and tebowing. It was mostly guys trying to prove their toughness and they were not mentioning ALS. Even Jennifer Reyna did a version of it, but to help burn victims and that's the first time I saw it associated with a charity. That was a few weeks ago. So, my guess is, some people had that first impression and haven't really looked into it since.

#14 RV6, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My aunt died from it and watching her slowly lose control of her body and how the disease affected her still haunts me.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

They can't even raise the buckets over their heads? They need to get others to do it? LOL

17. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

It's an image that will never leave me. Watching a vibrant person lose his ability to move, eat, etc.. It has been 11 yrs and the thought scares me to this day. He is my inspiration and he is missed. I know exactly what you mean.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Someone else is suppose to do it, so you don't go easy on yourself. I guess some people out there didn't have help, so they had to do it alone.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Harden seems like he is taking this summer seriously

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

She tagged Tyler Perry, so i guess she had already been challenged, but FWIW

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/rvVad_SS6M/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/rvf4MayS5p/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>