1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ALLERGIES

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Mar 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

is any other houstonians' allergies completely out of control right now??? i'm taking allegra-d and benadryl (not at the same time mind you) and it seems to have little to no effect.

f' this noise.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

If you think it's bad in Houston, trying going to Austin--College Station--Waco part of the state. It gets worse there

3. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

i have had many problems with them recently...

started taking zyrtec every 24 hrs along with mucinex-d every 12 hours + plenty of water and no alcohol..

about 36 hours later i felt pretty good

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Coughing a ton this weekend. ugh!!!!!

5. SWTsig

i was in austin last weekend and it most definitely kicked my ass... it was so dry and dusty i was coughing and sneezing soot. i took allergy shots when i lived there. cedar is no fun.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Taking singulair and I just changed all the filters of the air purifiers in the house and the car's cabin filter. And still going through a box of kleenex a day.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

My allergies are kickin my ass! The sinus headaches are killer! Thank God for Sudafed, the good kind you have to sign for.

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

4 years after moving to houston, i developed allergies

it's always march..... but lately it's starting mid march

anyway, this year i found zyrtec to be a good enough OTC remedy, the worst is sleeping... i need to use an additional pillow to raise my head level so i can still be somewhat comfortable, still i wake up middle of the night to blow my nose, and i get the driest tongue in the morning due to having to breathe through my mouth

the sneezing and mucus is the worst
    itchy eyes
    itchy throat
    itchy ear canal?

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Ratcliff Lake

I went out to Ratcliff Lake the other day to camp and fish. I was fine when I got there but when I woke up the next morning I was in hell. I wanted to cry but I couldn't because my eyes were so dry. Everything I took seemed to do nothing.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Started two and a half weeks ago or so for me... always have drainage which causes me to wake up daily with a sore throat.

Stupid tree pollen.

11. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I'm glad I don't have the respiratory allergies. Unfortunately I got the skin ones or hives, the ones you get if it's hot outside, after working out, or even after a shower. And it's typical Texas weather, so you know how annoying those are to me :mad:

12. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Anyone watch Shark Tank?, some guy came on Friday and he invented patches for your nostrils which filters out 99% of allergens and toxins in air. He declined an offer to sell his company for $4 million.

It's called First Defense Nasal Screen, I wanted to buy a weeks worth of this stuff, but my hesitation is that the 1% that gets in will force me to peel them suckers off and blow my nose... hmmm

$10 bucks for a 1 week trial, tempting

13. SWTsig

i would actually consider trying those... i usually take rhinocort nasal spray every morning but i ran out last week and i've been feeling it. of course i tried to get my doctor to refill but i'm pretty sure he either retired or passed b/c his phone no longer works and no one at walgreens can get a response from him.... :eek:

14. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

I really dont have allergies thankfully

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Considering Houston is basically swampland...anyone with bad allergies would have a very tough time living here.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

all depends on the person. tons of people have allergies in Austin and not Houston and vice versa

17. worzel gummidge

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, my girlfriend has been popping zyrtec like a mofo.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Austin kicked my ass too at the UIL.

I always suggest:

[​IMG]

But I also have a prescription for powdered Methylprednisolone to mix in it. That works. You have to get it from a compounding pharmacist so it is expensive. Plus a daily prescription Claritin.

20. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I lived the first twenty years of my life in Houston without a sniffle. After one year in central Texas, I was fighting a year-round battle with every allergen under the sun. Austin allergies are the worst.