1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alleged Bank Robber, Came Back To Complain He Was Shortchanged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MamboRock, Oct 23, 2012.

1. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Arthur Brundage, Alleged Bank Robber, Came Back To Complain He Was Shortchanged, Police Say
    10/22/12 05:18 PM ET EDT

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Going back to a bank you just ripped off to claim you'd been shortchanged isn't likely to end well.

That's what police say led to an arrest Monday in upstate New York.

Syracuse police say 28-year-old Arthur Bundrage, of East Syracuse, went into a bank at about 9 a.m. and demanded $20,000. Authorities say a teller initially refused, but relented and gave him some money, even though he never showed a weapon or made a threat.

Investigators say Bundrage left but returned when he found he hadn't been given $20,000. Officers say they found him at the bank's locked front door, trying to get back in.

Bundrage is in jail awaiting arraignment Tuesday on a charge of fourth-degree grand larceny. Police say he doesn't yet have a lawyer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/arthur-brundage-shortchanged-bank-robber_n_2003668.html

I don't blame him. I'd be very mad too if I got shortchanged.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Penny wise and pound foolish.

Literally.

3. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I commend the robber for his integrity.

1 person likes this.
  5. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

How do you demand $20,000 without showing a weapon or making a threat....the guy had no leverage but the teller still gave him some cash:confused:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

there used to be honor between bank tellers and robbers. Kids today have no respect.

On a related note, the car thief in my juror case, and apparently many car thiefs, will take the cell phone in the car and start using it to call their friends for a joy ride. So what the cops do is they will call the cell phone. Most thieves answer the call. lol. Stupid. So the cops will then pretend to be a distressed damsel when they call. The thief will then answer and will then drive to rob the distressed damsel ( the cops ). In my case, it got more interesting than that, because the guy whose car was stolen was out looking for it with a friend by driving the streets. So he needs to gas up right, and at this exact same time the cops pretending to be a damsel also need gas, and heres the kicker, the thug who stole the car needs to gas up. Swear to god. all three go to the same gas station at the same time. Identifying his car, the victim yells to the cops, and the thug and his friends abandon the vehicle and run like bats out of hell. A chase ensues through the backyards, and a home owner reports a thug hiding on her porch late at night. Caught. but good stuff.

The first half of the story gets even better because the guy who had his car stolen was a gay italian calling a payphone to have some gay sex with a black man, but of course the criminal is taking the calls. so they connect, the criminal tells the italian he needs a change of clothes before they get it on, so they drive to his apartment, the criminal goes inside, brings gun back out, and takes the car. Here is the funny part. The Italian guy, without a car now, asks the thug if he can give him up lift. lol. This is just too hilarious. The thug agrees and drops him off at home. lol. Then the story above ensues.

One last interesting thing about my case was that the Defense Lawyers is asked to put on his case after about 2 days of trial lawyers putting on their case. He get's up, doesn't call one witness, doesn't provide any evidence, and rests in 2 minutes. WTF! I was shocked. But as jurors we found the thug innocent/hung jury because the italian victim had lied to the police that night when reporting the theft saying he was kidnapped ( didn't want them to know it was about secret gay sex ), and he got the description wrong, and there was no proof of a weapon. The Lawyer told us after the case in the de-brief between jurors and lawyers that he doesn't defend anymore, because the juries in general will find a reason to find his clients not guilty. And he was right. We did. We were pretty much 9-3 or 9-2 on all charges, thinking the thug did it, but always some juror was holding out on some particular fine detail in the case. No real proof. He also said his client was too dumb to testify.

Anyway, good times.

One last funny thing was during jury selection, where one of the jurors pissed off the judge by coming up with excuses for why he couldn't be on the case, work, stuff to do, it was a long list. So the judges face was getting red, totally pissed, and so the girl sitting next to the reluctant juror was clearly his friend as they were chatting it up like old buddies. Pissed off, the judge essentially agreed with the lawyers to relace the reluctant juror with his friend just to get some sort of exacted revenge. It was pretty obvious to me. The reluctant juror walks, and his friend ( the girl ) was so pissed at him. Good stuff. Brilliant. But I was glad, because she was at least some eye candy compared to him, and I was stuck with the set of jurors for almost two-three weeks.

The concept of one-day, one trial. B.S. I was there for three weeks.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

You just can't trust banks these days.

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Gold :grin: man Sachs

i had a good laugh reading this story. plus i get an extra post to my stats.

check my $tat$

9. Mr. Clutch

The downfall of America.

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

We need to make a JURY DUTY thread:eek:

11. Mr. Clutch

I went and sat for 2 hours then I was dismissed.

You really want a thread for that?

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

Need more details but as described the only crime committed was by the teller.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I love that mug shot lower on the page (where the man is getting "help" to get the pic).

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I read about an idiot who robbed a gas station, when he asked for cigarettes the man behind the counter asked to see his ID for proof of age...he complied...was arrested a short time later.

A mastermind he was not.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He should sue the bank.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I served on a jury duty where the robber's wallet fell out and he left it in the house, and there was still alot of discussion about how maybe the cops framed him :rolleyes: It is a big responsibility though when you think about sending someone to jail for x number of years and you don't want to be wrong. Fortunately after the case ended and we finally decided guilty, the detectives came and told us that they had caught him 2 times before but the previous juries had all let him go. Just goes to show that it can be hard to provide enough proof to convince a jury of anything.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seems like a dangerous approach. I was a juror on a child rape case in which the only evidence was the victim's testimony and a friend who saw some things. The defense didn't do anything except have the perp say it wasn't true. A complete he-said-she-said. And we put him in prison for 20 years. I don't think I'd be too happy with a lawyer who offered no defense.

:confused: It sounds like the teller followed normal bank policies.

18. Classic

Classic Member

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

What a fool .

20. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

That's why I always count my money when I'm robbing a bank. :p

There's no substitute for a good lawyer. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap.