1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-time worst chick flick

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Aug 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

I've seen my share of no good, waste of time, go see it or they'll *itch movies, but "Message in a Bottle" has to be the worst chick movie I've ever seen. It's like sitting through a nightmare that you can't wake up from. I get upset just thinking about it.

What other movies should the male population stay away from?

2. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Random Hearts

3. RodneyMcCray

RodneyMcCray Member

StepMother

I was begging Susan Sarandon's character to hurry up and die so I get get out of that theater of sobbing middle aged women.

4. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Good call. Stepmom is really bad.

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

You know, it's weird...There are good movies with Julia Roberts (Erin Brockovich, The Mexican), there are good movies with Richard Gere (Officer and a Gentleman, The Jackal), and there are good movies with weddings (The Wedding Singer, Father of the Bride)

If you combine any two of those three elements, however, the movie always seems to suck, for some reason...

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

And woe to he who combines all three (Runaway Bride). I submit the Bridges of Madison County as the chick flick for any and all males to avoid. Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood getting it on, my eyes, the goggles do nothing!

7. Timing

Timing Member

The English Patient has got to be one of the most boring movies in the history of film.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Funny. My wife HATES all those movies.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

God I HATE estrogen-fest chick flicks. I'm crazy about my girlfriend though, and she loves the ******* things. For you guys, my male brethren, I charge you this:
    Avoid, at ALL costs, the following movies:
    My Best Friend's Wedding -- this is the STUPIDEST movie I have EVER seen. There is NO redeeming quality about this movie.

The Mirror Has Two Faces -- Oh, the PAIN! The AGONY!!! This movie is worse than the one above and gets my vote as the all-time worst chick movie ever made. I've never wanted to hurt someone more than Barbra Streisand and Jeff Bridges. I knew truly violent thoughts during this painful experience.

10. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The one with Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck. Completely aweful (so bad you would think I'd remember the name, but I guess i have thankfully repressed it).

11. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Forces of Nature. I felt your pain.

12. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Another HORRIBLE Sandra Bullock flick, Hope Floats! ugh, I need to yack.

Luckily, my girlfriend now would MUCH rather watch the Astros or Football than crappy movies :)

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I thank my lucky stars that 15 years of marriage has entitled me to say:

"Sorry babe, that's a chick flick. You're on your own."

Monogomy and marriage longevity has it's privileges!!

14. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Maybe there's something wrong with me.

It seems that lately, all of my closest friends are gay.

And I like a LOT of chick flicks.

Pretty Woman, When Harry met Sally, and Bridget Jones Diary immediately come to mind, but I can find plenty of redeeming qualities in the movies (that I've seen) that you guys have mentioned.

15. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Maybe they are just attracted to your name, Pole !!

16. JAG

JAG Member

....Beaches...Where The Heart Is....Waiting To Exhale...Anything Oprah Winfrey Recommends....or goes to...or rents....Steel Magnolias....I think to qualify as a True Chick Flick, somebody's gotta get really sick/injured, hang on bravely for a while, then die...

Having said that, I loved English Patient, but then I study Classics...maybe it was all the Herotodus...

17. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

STEEL MAGNOLIAS - EASILY THE WORST.

18. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

"the adventurous student will always study classics, in whatever language they may be written and however ancient they may be. For what are the classics but the noblest recorded thoughts of man? They are the only oracles which are not decayed, and there are such answers to the most modern inquiry in them as Delphi and Dodona never gave."

To answer the question of the thread, Beloved and anything that Sandra Bullock and or Richard Gere have been in lately.

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Pole: don't feel bad. I loved When Harry Met Sally, but that was really just Rob Reiner's version of Annie Hall and I love Woody Allen too. There are plenty of great films (mostly indies) that fall into the "chick flick" category that I have liked and many I haven't. But the same goes for "dick flicks" too. Some are fun to watch and others are Gymkata. :)

20. Ren

Ren Member

I like chickflick movies:( but I likeall movies:cool: