1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All time Draft Finals

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Jul 19, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Next draft everyone involved should have to vote, irrespective of conferences.
    16 teams, best of 15 wins it.
    We are all big boys, and hopefully won't cheat or hold any grudges.

Voting should be based on front court, back court, overall offence, inside offence, outside shooting , overall defence, post defence, perimeter defence, bench, chemistry...and then individual match-ups (starting line up only)
    If you score a point for each, that is 15 points total, there should be a winner decided.

Good luck to he winner.

2. VBG

VBG Member

Jamers would win because his team has much better defense and in the end only one person on the team can shoot on RedNation's team. His offensive advantage does not make up for Jamers' defensive advantage.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the new greatest all time draft thread is made in the dish. go sign up for the next draft!

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Why add my name? Did I sign up? HMMMMM?

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

post 3702 in the greatest of all time 2 thread

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So is that over, what is the standing right now?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am I really the decisive judge now and it`s 3-3?

8. Jamers

Jamers Member

4-4.. Your vote = winner

Jamers votes = vbg, rolyat, jumpman, fadeaway
    Rednation votes = maloe, izak,123rockets, fallen

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

O-k-k-kay.
    I need a few minutes for that to consider everything.

pm me for my paypal account, we can negotiate the sum of money needed for my vote

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel so powerful right now, my vote decides the faith of two people.

[​IMG]

Okay let's get this started.

Backcourt:
    RedN
    pg: Magic Johnson
    sg: Tracy McGrady
    bench: Rondo

Jamers
    PG - Isiah Thomas
    SG - George Gervin
    bench: Parker

Magic vs. Thomas:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=johnsma02&p2=thomais01

Here we have two real leaders that carry their team, make plays and have a good output on offense. Both no 3pt threats...
    Looking at their playoff head 2 heads you see that while Thomas had the slight scoring advantage (20.9 to 18.3), but if you look at fg% you see that Magic was more efficient(52.8%, Thomas 44.2). Magic really dominated in the assist apartment(11.5 to 8.7) while averaging less turnovers and held the rebounding advantage(5.1 to 3.8). Looking at efficiency, Magic really helped his team more by shooting less&with a higher fg% and involving his teammates more than Thomas.

Magic>Thomas

McGrady vs. Gervin:

Here we have to guys that could score at will in their prime and easily rack up 40+. Both had great shooting range and could score in every way. I have to give the advantage to McGrady because of his great playmaking ability and his defense(Toronto days), which was one his biggest strengths. He also had surpreme athleticsm.

McGrady>Gervin

Rondo vs. Parker:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rondora01&p2=parketo01

Rondo with more apg, Parker with more ppg. Both can't shoot outside of the arc and are good defenders.

tie

Conclusion:

I think RedN has better guys in Magic and McGrady at their positions, but the biggest advantage comes when playing the actual game and involving the other positions. T-Mac and Pierce can light it up from downtown and can run the break really well, also spreading the floor. Magic can set them up for baskets and has the size advantage over Thomas. T-Mac has more room to operate than Gervin(Hill is no 3pt threat and has the ball a lot of times). Looking at the whole team, I therefore see RedN's backcourt working better.

Backcourt Advantage: RedN

Frontcourt:

RedN
    sf: Paul Pierce
    pf: Chris Webber
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar
    bench: Sampson

Jamers
    sf: Paul Pierce
    PF - Tim Duncan
    C - Moses Malone
    bench: Wallace

Pierce vs. Hill:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=hillgr01&p2=piercpa01

Pierce may win the head 2 head stats, but let's not get fooled. 99/00 was Hill's last great season and everything after that is not fair if you talk about prime. Therefore you should only look at their 99/00 games, 5 in number. Pierce had more points in three of those games, Hill had slightly more assists but dominated in the rebounding, steasl and blocking categories. Pierce's clear advantage here: 3pt shooting

tie

Webber vs. Duncan:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=webbech01

Both are great on offense and no one shuts the other down, but Duncan has the clear advantage in rebounding, blocking and fg%. Duncan is more efficient for his team and controls the boards in that match-up.

Duncan>Webber

Kareem vs. Moses:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=malonmo01&p2=abdulka01

Moses would possibly control the boards with his strength and positioning, but Kareem gets the nod in scoring and blocking. Moses would probably get more steals and initiate some breaks. Overall though I see Kareem winning this, given that he was unstoppable and one of the most dominant players ever in his prime.

Kareem>Moses

Sampson vs. Wallace:

Here we have a giant vs. a really undersized Wallace. Sampson can spread the floor with his handles and shooting, drawing Ben outside of the paint. Sampson would win on offense with his versatiltiy and size, Ben wouldn't be able to overpower him. Big Ben would barely score in this match-up.

Sampson>Wallace

Ellis vs. Marion:

Here we have a different approach: RedN giving the team one of the best shooters of all-time and Jamers bringing in Marion for defense and hustle.
    Really hard to compare as these guys have completeley different roles and help their team in a different way.

tie

I already mentioned that I see Pierce working better because of his shooting and floor-stretching ability. Hill wouldn't have the ball as much as he likes, with Thomas starting at PG. He would be a threat from midrange though. Duncan dominates Webber, while Kareem gets the nod over Moses. Ellis brings another shooting threat, but seeing how Pierce and T-Mac are already on the team, he wasn't that necessary and maybe a defense-minded guy would've been a better option at a forward spot. Sampson would likely win over Ben.

Frontcourt Advantage: RedN

Offense:

RedN has a team that runs the floor, creates transition and has the right mixture of 3pt threats and guys that can bang inside. All have great ball-iq and would work together very, very well. Magic sets up McGrady and Pierce, runs pick&roll with Webber or gives the ball to Kareem, who does his damage in the paint. The bench adds really well, as Rondo is an additonal playmaker and defender, while Ellis shoots and Sampson does everything.

Jamers has a great leader in Thomas, who sets up Gervin and runs pick&roll with Duncan. Duncan and Moses can work in the post, while Hill and Gervin are deadly on transition. Looking at the starting unit and bench you see that the team lacks a real 3pt shooter besides Gervin and spacing could be a problem. Thomas and Hill would both want the ball to be effective, which could be a problem. Marion and Ben are mediocre/poor on offense.

Offense Advantage: RedN

Defense:

Both PG's are not the greatest defenders but would do well. T-Mac gets the nod over Gervin. Hill is the way better defender than Pierce and Webber is a liablity, while Duncan is world-class. Malone and Kareem are both good defenders. Jamers adds the bench and has two great options in Ben and the Matrix, which gives him the better team defense-wise, with more options to mix the units.

Defense Advantage: Jamers

Chemistry:

No real issues, no one has the clear advantage.

Tie

In the end, who would win?

I pretty much said everything while explaining the criteria. Jamers has the advantage in defense, but I see no 3pt threat and two guys that want to handle the ball. There's no shooter off the bench and a undersized Ben that would have real problems vs. Sampson.
    RedN has a good mixture of post-players, shooters and playmakers. Looking at the line-up, both teams have to run to be effective, leading to more space and RedN being more dangerous with his shooters in T-Mac, Pierce and Ellis, while Webber and Sampson can also run up and down and set up guys. When the game slows down, RedN has great options in Magic posting up, running pick&roll or Kareem posting up. Rebounding goes to Jamers, but this won't be a low score series where the team that dominates the boards wins.

Winner: RedNation

1 person likes this.
  11. Jamers

Jamers Member

Gratz rednation.. You can die now

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

I guess the dollars i gave you isn't enough for the vote. Now i want a refund!

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Your donation was a joke, I couldn't even buy a car with that sum!!!

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And there's no refund, I already spent it on Eastern European hookers.

15. Jamers

Jamers Member

Atleast you can buy a meal on mcdonalds or something..

Next time, tell me how much you want. Don't let me guessing

1 person likes this.
  16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I won!

Glad it only took 15 dollars

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea, got me some quality brothel time and new kicks.