1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All NBA Draft Semifinals #2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, May 16, 2012.

?

Which team do you think is better?

Poll closed May 17, 2012.
  1. Torque

64.0%
  2. Spooner

36.0%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

torque
    Coach: Rick Adelman

PG Jeff Teague
    SG James Harden
    SF Kevin Durant
    PF Pau Gasol
    C Greg Monroe

Bench:
    Brandon Jennings
    Nicolas Batum
    Samuel Dalembert

vs.

Spooner
    Coach: Doug Collins

PG-Derrick Rose
    SG-Kevin Martin
    SF-Grant Hill
    PF-LaMarcus Aldridge
    C-Roy Hibbert

Bench:
    Gerald Henderson
    Al Harrington
    Chris Kaman

2. VBG

VBG Member

Torque's team is too good.

3. RedNation

Gang up and vote for spooner :)

4. RedNation

Darn. I clicked the wrong choice :(

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Voted for Torque, better playmaking, younger, more athleticsm and versatility.

6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to see our commish is so even-handed.

7. RedNation

Hahaha. I hope I can at least make the finals. I've had a close poll almost every time

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Roy Hibbbert looking really, really good. Just saying....

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Not that it matters at this point.........

Torque's team is very weak at PG. Neither one of Teague or Jennings are great passers. I have no idea how either of them would be able to contain Rose, who is a much bigger, stronger player. Playing Harden on Rose, would cause a huge mismatch as either Teague or Jennings would be guarding Martin. I suppose Batum could start against Martin, moving Harden to the point, but Harden isn't really a point guard. (He excels on pick and rolls which account for his whopping 3 assists per game. When you put it that way, claiming Harden would facilitate the offense is completely asinine.) This also would pose a big problem as no one could come in to match up with Harrington, and he would have two very mediocre point guards on his bench. As it is, Harrington would cause a huge mismatch at the 4 as Pau has had obvious problems guarding the perimeter in his career. Although Batum is a larger clutchans name at this point after playing off the bench most of this year, (due to his youth and contract status) Harrington was nominated for the 6th man award, scoring and rebounding very efficiently.

As Pau Gasol is the only real shot blocking threat in his starting 5, stopping Rose would pose a serious problem considering the matchup. When you factor in Aldridge's midrange shooting this problem becomes even worse as Monroe would be the only person guarding the paint. Even then, Hibbert has a big edge over Monroe, and would cause further spacings problems in the middle of the defense. I suppose Dalembert's once in a decade, "elite" shotblocking presence should be considered here, however Chris Kaman is clearly the better player between the two, and can play at both the 4 and 5.

As Torque has no way of stopping Rose, Grant Hill would at least hold Durant in check defensively. In other words, at least I have SOMEONE on my team who can guard the opposition's best player. This is just simply untrue for Torque. By the same token, Gerald Henderson, who has become an excellent under the radar two way player, would be able to guard Harden, while providing very efficient scoring. Hibbert, who has become a monster defensively would play on Gasol, while Aldridge would play Monroe. Both players on my team are taller respectively, as Torque is essentially starting two power forwards. Pau Gasol once again is having a very poor postseason overall, as athletic forwards, (Aldridge) and shooting 4's (Harrington) have their way with him.

I have no idea whatsoever how a Hibbert and Aldridge tandem could be stopped by Greg Monroe?? and Gasol/Dalembert. Torque has no one who can match up with Rose aside from Harden, which would make things very bad for him. My best defensive player plays the same position has his best offensive player. I would take Gerald Henderson over either of his point guards easily. (Jennings is just terrible.) Batum and Harrington almost share the same statistics from the field as 6th men. Kaman is obviously better than Dalembert.

I have a better bench, a much better frontcourt, a superstar point guard, whereas Torque has a gaping whole at the position, a defensive presence to go against Durant, and efficient scoring from all over the floor.

10. RedNation

With all that said :grin:

Harry or torque

11. RedNation

fixed