1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All CC.net BBS posters: please read.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Sep 14, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I want to take this opportunity to say that I acknowledge this tragedy as a unprecedented event that has caused the outpouring of a multitude of emotions and outcry regarding the injustice done to our nation...

I want to further say that this BBS is not only the best I've ever seen it truly is like a family. I think many will agree. We are concerned about one another and voluntarily converse about anything on our minds. It's almost like I personally know Jeff, DaDakota, Crispee/Heypartner, among many others...

In all sensitive-issue posts and threads, there has been a lot of back and forth with unswaying emotion and unwavering stance on each others belief. I think this is a good thing and brings out the best in intelligent discussion. However, I am concerned this tragedy might pull some people apart here and I don't want this to happen. Believe me, I care about all of you because of how much I love this site. We share so much in common, but have differences as well (just as any extended family). Sure you know of certain posters that you favor more than others. For example, I appreciate certain posters more than others. You have your favorites and so do I.

With that said..we are all here together, and to get through this together and that includes all members of this site. Please respect other peoples' view. Let's respect and embrace differences. I've said before the one thing I love about this site is all of the different posters out there and what they bring to the table. I'll be honest, I'm glad there are posters who don't include me on their favorite list. Those who voice a different direction. It's a good thing and I know who they are, but they are still in the family and I care about all you guys. Let's please remember this and come together through this horrific event.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just because we argue points, does not mean that we don't respect views.

I certainly understand the people I am arguing with, and do not mind the discourse.

It is EXACTLY these differences in opinion that make our country so great, and when this is all over, I am pretty sure we will all still be rooting for the greatest basketball team on the planet.

The Houston Rockets....WHOOP !!

DaDakota

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Good! That's exactly what I wanted to hear and I hope everyone has that mindset.

4. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Well said, ROXRAN. I agree. Perhaps this sad opportunity will bring the nation, if not the world closer. Damn this is hard to get over. Without words, what next?

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Great post, I couldn't agree more. Disagreement doesn't mean people have to take shots at people, or leave in disgust, or hate people here. We're in this together, and we need to come together.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This is true. There are a few people on the BBS who drive me nuts sometimes, but I would never want anything bad to happen to them.

Hang in there. Good post.

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Beautiful post Roxran. I definitely consider you a BBS brother. I've learned things from you in the past, I learn things from you today, and I know I will learn things from you in the future.

This is a very emotional time. I hope that we can all get through it, together. And remember, disagreements are merely that......

8. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I don't even come close to agreeing with some (my dad included), but that is what makes America free(est) is it's speech. I'm still right though. :p

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

My sentiments exactly, ROXRAN. I may take a lot of grief for being a crabby old b*stard (and rightfully so), but I could not bear to know about anything bad happening to anyone who posts here. You guys are my internet family, and I hope everyone here lives a long and healthy life, full of joyous moments.

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Amen brother! You all are the best!

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well Said RoxRan

12. hitman21

hitman21 Member

This is a great place for discussion about world events, etc. Different people have different views, but the respect everyone has for one another is what makes it special.

13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Well said ROXRAN

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Totally agree. I do not post often as seen by the number of posts I have, but I have been on here for several years. I have had several exchanges on the current situation and I respect the views of those that I have had debate. I hope everyone and their families are safe and I have included eveyone in my prayers.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Times like these help to demonstrate how stupid it is to have an "ignore list".

How would you feel if you had someone on your "ignore list", and they died? You might never know it happened.

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Dod is old enough to be alot of us' father. :D

Hehe, no you guys are great and are always willing to give advice, especially Dod. :)

17. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Well said. I've been mostly sitting back and watching these arguments without saying much.

But I have noticed some things. ROXRAN, I've seen a lot of name-calling and judgements made on people who don't even really know each other, and it's sad to see. I've seen a lot of narrow-minded qualities that are extremely depressing.

But you, while having a clear opinion on this view, haven't stooped to insulting others who disagree - at least not in anything I've read. I respect that a great deal. Excellent post.

18. haven

haven Member

That's one of the best posts I've ever seen, ROXRAN. It's generosity of spirit like that which makes me have hope for all of us.

Take care everyone.

19. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

America will prevail and terrorism and all who harbor it will die.

This is the best BBS in the world and the first place I go to everyday.

Everything will be ok once Stevie Franchise steps on the court.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Outstanding post Rox..I couldn't agree more

I dont pipe up often but I read everyone's posts, even the ones I dont agree with (see early posts from Dakota on carving) but I respect everyone's right to an opinion and love to read the discussions. You guys are the most intelligent bunch of guys I have ever had the pleasure of hangin out with.

Take Care all