1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All Black People Look Alike.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

.....according to Fox News:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...gizes-for-shirley-sherrod-maxine-waters-mixup

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren is apologizing for "a doozy of a mistake" made on her show Monday when a picture of Shirley Sherrod was used to illustrate a segment on Rep. Maxine Waters, the Huffington Post reports.
    Waters, a California Democrat, has been charged by the House with ethics violations, and Sherrod was fired from the USDA for incorrectly being cast as a racist. What the two visually have in common is that they're both black women.
    Van Susteren took to her blog Monday to issue an extremely effusive apology, calling the incident on her "On the Record" program "a very bad mistake and a painful one for which we are very apologetic."
    "We really don't know what to say and there is nothing that you can post to make us feel better (not that we deserve to feel better!) This mistake was bad, very bad and we are immensely sorry," Van Susteren wrote.
    Though slip-ups are bound to happen on live television, this isn't the first time Fox has issued a public apology for mixing up black political figures. In 2007, a Fox host apologized after the network ran footage of Democratic Rep. John Conyers of Michigan while discussing the ethics troubles of Democratic Rep. William Jefferson of Louisiana.

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=7XCH592DJ2ZKGFCH&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I can't decide whether this is a big deal or not. It seems like an honest mistake, at the same time how do you make such a stupid mistake?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stupid thread title for a stupid thread regarding a complete non-issue.

Do you know how many news programs and websites put the wrong photos up? The other day they had a story on Manny Ramirez's "mannywood" sign being taken down on ESPNnews and they showed a picture of A-Rod.

I guess ESPN thinks all Brown people look alike.

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I dunno, seems like a non-issue. Prolly an honest mistake but coming from Fox Noise, I do have to hesitate.

1 person likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There are a few black folx out there who look alike.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

White folx too...

[​IMG]

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Black?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those aren't the same person?? :eek:

Rocket River

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Nope, one is a self absorbed diva with an inflated sense of his own worth and an insatiable desire to be on camera.

The other one is an actor.

3 people like this.
  10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So they ARE the same person...

12. Major

Major Member

I tend to agree - though I will say this is a pattern with FOX. They tend to make a lot of these stupid mistakes, both with black politicians and also "accidentally" labelling Republicans going through scandals as Democrats. They've done that at least 3 or 4 times in the last year or two. They never "accidentally" do it the other way though.

That said, while the D/R thing has political implications, there's not really any benefit or impacting from mixing up the black political figures. That strikes me as simple incompetence or just a lack of interest on their end.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

You forgot to mention that they also "accidentally" show footage of months-old protests and claim that these are recent anti-Democrat rallies.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Awesome. shouldn't be too hard for me to find a beyonce or a halle berry look alike to hook up with.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As Major stated, Fox's history in this regard minimizes the chance that this was an innocent mistake.

16. Lil Pun

Calm down guy. I meant it as a joke as I find the mixup funny and obviously everybody else is having fun with it except you and so far you're the only one taking this seriously. Sheesh!

17. AXG

AXG Member

All Asians look alike.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I am calm, but I'm sorry I assumed you were being serious since you posted in D&D. :confused:

19. Lil Pun

I posted in D&D because this involves politics, race and Fox News. It was sort of a precaution in case in escalated into something, plus I figured given the subject matter it would have been moved anyway.

20. dback816

dback816 Member

Somebody's offended at the thread title.