1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alito Nomination Hearings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by insane man, Jan 10, 2006.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What about when the SCOTUS elects the Executive branch?

signed,
    Liberals, 2000

bwaaahahahahahaha

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

HO HO HO!

The libpigs have squealed themselves hoarse on Alito and they haven't moved public opinion or his blockage ONE INCH. Keep on wallerin' around in your slop, libpigs, the fear and smear is obviously not working.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Jorge seriously

Can you please stop it with the libpigs bull****?

I realize I'm just as guilty what with some of the names I call republicans and I’m trying to curb it a bit, but it really is getting tiresome. You don’t need to be an ass to make a point.

4. bigtexxx

Wow, Kerry is now calling for a filibuster, all the way from Davos!!!

He better windsurf his butt back to Washington soon! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

5. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

When John Forbes Kerry (the loser of the 2004 election), realizes he doesn't have the votes to filibuster, will we see a

[​IMG]

?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Whether Alito is Scalito or not, many people voted Republican for this event. Heck... do libs really believe that the hard Right really thought a Constitutional Amendment against gay marriage was realistic? They want to change the system from within.

Once the USSC lock has been established, hopefully Bush and his ilk's flaws will start getting more attention from within.

If I wasn't disappointed with Democrats, I'd think this would be a great chance to win back some seats after his confirmation.

7. bigtexxx

If Kerry does filibuster, I wonder what he will read up there at the podium for so long. Perhaps his full military records? :confused: :D

8. bigtexxx

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I thought every Kerry speech was a filibuster.

10. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

What about the people who would find a way to disagree with Bush if he told them the sky is blue? Those seem to the people who dominate this forum. I voted for Bush. Twice. Actually, three times counting the 1998 governor election. I'm glad I did, and I don't fit any of your narrow-minded stereotypes. And you haters just make me more and more glad Bush is our president, I wish we didn't have those term limits and he could win a 3rd time, just so I could say SCOREBOARD to you people one more time. But I guess the closest I'll get is this November when the Republicans gain seats in both houses again and once again the media sits around sratching their heads going "how did this happen? but..but scandals! uhh..war casualties!! what happened? I hate Bush! Why doesn't America? waaaaaah"

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is a very prescient, content filled post. The kind that really makes you think.............about what an idot Jeffster is.

You can scream "SCOREBOARD" all you want, kiddo. The rest of us are concerned about the ****-ups that GWB is guilty of, and many of us have to deal with the real world consequences, such as dead relatives....etc. But hey, as long as Jeffster is screaming "SCOREBOARD"...wow, what a badass and a hardcore guy. Kudos, my little friend, kudos.

Anyway, if you care to post a single, solitary, content-ish post on why you think Sammy Alito is going to be a great SCJ (and by that, I don't mean copying n' pasting, youngblood). Then I'll listen. But I don't think you do, though might formulate one at some point. Then I'll listen. Until then, good night Irene...

12. bigtexxx

oh, the irony

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you'll be disappointed in '06. And I voted against Bush everytime you voted for him, by the way. I voted against Nixon in '72. He still got elected. It happens. After enough time has passed, the American people figure out when they are being lied to, or when their government is being sold to the highest bidder. They are figuring that out, right now.

[​IMG]

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A majority of Americans are more likely to vote for a candidate in November's congressional elections who opposes President Bush, and 58 percent consider his second term a failure so far, according to a poll released Thursday.

Fewer people consider Bush to be honest and trustworthy now than did a year ago, and 53 percent said they believe his administration deliberately misled the public about Iraq's purported weapons program before the U.S. invasion in 2003, the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll found.

Pollsters interviewed 1,006 American adults Friday through Sunday. Most questions in the survey had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Bush is preparing for his State of the Union address, set for next week, and told reporters Thursday that he is "looking forward" to campaigning for Republicans in November's elections.

But the latest poll indicated Americans remain in a pessimistic mood.

Fifty-eight percent of those polled said Bush's second term has been a failure so far, while 38 percent said they consider it a success. A smaller number -- 52 percent -- consider his entire presidency a failure to date, with 46 percent calling it successful.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/bush.poll/index.html

You may call some of those who oppose what George W. Bush has done, and is doing to this country, "haters." I would call them people who love their country, and are appalled at what this man is doing to it. It would appear that a significant majority of our fellow Americans are of the opinion that George W. Bush is a failure as President. I'm just sorry it took so long.

Keep D&D Civil

14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Sam, you talk about people being an “idot”, yet who is the calculating intellectual who determined that the best use of his time on a Friday night is to spend it debating politics on the internet!? OINK!

Jeffster’s post was sincere. His mindset is representative of so many of the conservatives who have sat quietly while the liberals pollute the airwaves and message boards with their hate-filled lies and distortions. The conservatives sat quietly through four years of this type of garbage. When it came time to vote, we saw how the country stood on the issues. The liberals truly believe that the country feels the way they do, which is why they erupt in outrage every time they lose on an issue or vote. The libs really do think that Bush & Co are implementing policies that only a tiny majority of the public supports. They are dead wrong. The vocal minority has convinced themselves that others agree with them. The others don’t. The haughtiness represented in Sam’s post is the type of overconfidence and incorrect read on public opinion that has resulted in the liberals being voted out of power in resounding fashion. Yet they continue to act in this manner! If these libs were half as smart as they thought they were, they’d change their ways. But they don’t. Makes you wonder…

Sam’s post about Alito is classic liberal ignorance. Any objective analysis of Alito’s judicial talent declares him to be ‘supremely’ qualified. What makes you think Alito would be a good SCJ? How about the American Bar Association rating him the highest possible when evaluating his legal skills? Ouch.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06005/632822.stm

Yet it is the liberals act as though you’d have to be a fool to support his nomination! Who is introducing partisan politics into the Alito nomination? Who humiliated themselves on a national scale by turning the confirmation hearings into a ridiculous attempt at calling Alito a racist, bigot, and liar? The incredulous libs, fueled by the goading of fringe websites like DailyKos have assumed such an arrogant, angry demeanor that turns off voters…. Yet the libs still wonder why they can’t win an election… hmmmmm… Kinda makes me want to say

SCOREBOARD

#114 El_Conquistador, Jan 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sam Fisher is an idot... ...

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What about other centrist, or reasonable democrats that feel Alito is the Right choice?...There is ENOUGH of them. The neo-demo, lib-piggly-wiggly far leftys are feeling the score indeed!

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Roxran, -- I have no connection to the Illinois Department of Transportation.

Aside from that, I have a bit of trouble understanding why a purported civil libertarian such as yourself and a fanatical Amdt 2 supporter is willing to cede his/her rights to an imperial presidency without even a whimper. It seems as if you're a bit....gun shy here. I mean, I thought I could count on your for something. Appparently no - "Thank you sir may I have another" depressing...really depressing.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Cloture vote succeeds. Say hello to Justice Alito.

Damn Vichy Dems.

19. bigtexxx

Great news. Another victory for the Republicans!

20. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Sam..the first part of your post is sig worthy!

On the rest, as a liberal gun owner who doesn't support the NRA in any way shape or form, I think A-Lie-to will not make any radical judgements with respect to gun law. However, he'll just make it easier for the government to gain illegal intel on Roxran's Armaggedon bunker and ammunition stockpile.