1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alien/UFO video to be released Friday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, May 29, 2008.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fragment quoted for truth. It sound like we are all in agreement.

As others have said, our first contact will most likely be electronic. The physics of interstellar travel is intimidating; it will happen, or has happened, but to think the earth would not get other clues before a saucer shows up is to put your money on the longest odds.

What really kills me about this Nebraska guy is that he's had, what, hundreds of encounters? 99.999% of the earth has never had an encounter, but the aliens pick on this one poor sod in Nebraska, for years, without anyone else noticing? I'm sorry, but the poor guy sounds nuts, in a bad, sad way. He has crop circles, alien wound marks, etc, etc. Oh and this video! Oy.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

UFOs are like religions. If you believe, you'll see them everywhere.

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Well I'm for sure SOMETHING is out there. Some type in intelligent controlled aircraft that I do NOT believe for one second is man-made. I'm not going to go as far as to saying something such as an "Alien" exists... but something is happening out there that some people don't want to admit, or some people need more evidence, and then the others who know its out there but are afraid the world as we know it will begin to "panic"

I on the other hand believe that if there are such things as aliens/UFOs then so be it, given that thought I don't see why we would feel they are a threat. I mean have there actually been reports of strange craft coming down shooting weapons and such at people? I'm sure strange aircraft have visited us, but I don't believe they have bad intentions.

Reminds me, I've only seen this on an Unsolved Mysteries episode about Roswell, but it was SO interesting. One lady who was a nurse at a local hospital, said she heard that after the crash, a dozen CHILD SIZED caskets were ordered and shipped to the crash site. She might be dead by now which is why I haven't heard that information on any other UFO/Roswell show, but thats very interesting to me.

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I subscribe to a number of conspiracy theories, but this one is NOT one of them.. I don't think the government would hide anything that has to do with aliens.. why would they do that? and please don't give me the "men in black" answer, because it's B.S and the media would lobby their heads off to cover such stories (see: other alarmist BS) ..

I simply think that those "UFO's" are experimental aircrafts, and any government would obviously like to keep it confidential because it's a national security issue.. simple as that..

so no, Men in Black isn't really real..

5. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

nah...

6. brooksstephens

Do you think that the government would deem it necessary to bury aliens in human caskets?? My guess is that if there were aliens on the site.. then they would save the bodies for further investigating.

I talk to people every day that "heard" that we never landed on the moon.

7. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Im not so sure about the moon, I haven't looked into the story behind it... but I believe they would bury alien bodies in the ground. I'm sure they saved a couple but not all of them. Just my opinion.

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Here's an UFO story from Auroa, TX which happened five years before the Wright Bros. flew their airplane:

Crash Legends: Those who study the UFO mystery are always asked for proof. And proof is hard to find. The enigma of UFOs is different than any other phenomena, and proof is elusive. There have been many reports of crashed UFOs, but most of these rely heavily on circumstantial evidence, and not solid, physical proof. Sometimes there are eyewitness accounts of physical evidence, but that evidence has been removed, lost, or stolen. Such is the case of the Aurora, Texas UFO Crash of 1897. The case bears many similarities to the Roswell Crash of 1947

Aurora's History: Aurora's History: Because of ever changing railroad lines, and Texas highways, it is a miracle that the small town of Aurora, Texas is still there. And not only that, but it is a legendary "historical site" as designated by the state of Texas. Why would a small farming community get such a distinction? One reason-an alien spacecraft crashed there in 1897. At least that's what the residents say, and what the newspaper reports claimed.
    A Great Airship: Although it would be five years or so before the Wright brothers would make the first controlled aircraft flight, this pre-flight era would become known as the "great airship" period in Ufology. Whereas many of today's unexplained UFO sightings are assigned to conventional flying craft, that luxury did not exist in 1897. Anything flying that was not a bird, blimp, or balloon could be extraterrestrial.

The Crash: These early ships were slow moving craft, and so was the one that crashed into an Aurora windmill on April 19. According to the legend, the craft was destroyed, and the remains of an alien pilot were discovered among the remains. Also found among the scattered debris was a strange material with hieroglyphic-type etching. The alien creature was given a proper burial in the one and only cemetery in town. The alien body has long since disappeared.
    Staying Afloat: For the time period, news of this event was spread wide and far. Many new visitors made their way to the little town to see what all the gossip was about. Second and third hand stories would soon morph into eye witness accounts. Where the information came from that supplied newspaper accounts is anyone's guess.

Local Newspaper Coverage: Local newspapers carried this story;
    About 6 o'clock this morning the early risers of Aurora were astonished at the sudden appearance of the airship which has been sailing around the country. It was traveling due north and much nearer the earth than before. Evidently some of the machinery was out of order, for it was making a speed of only ten or twelve miles an hour, and gradually settling toward the earth.

UPI Coverage:
    "Aurora, Tex. -- (UPI) -- A grave in a small north Texas cemetery contains the body of an 1897 astronaut who was 'not an inhabitant of this world,' according to the International UFO Bureau. The group, which investigates unidentified flying objects, has already initiated legal proceedings to exhume the body and will go to court if necessary to open the grave, director Hayden Hewes said Wednesday."

Not of this World: UPI also picked up the story, and the legend was spread far beyond the borders of Texas. There were a number of eyewitness accounts of the incident later published, and they all agreed with the basic facts. An unknown craft had crashed into the town, strange debris was found, and a being "not of this world" was found in the wreckage. One intriguing account, although second-hand, came from a 15-year-old girl. Her parents had visited the site, and claimed that the alien pilot was a "small man."

Military Cover-up: There is also evidence of a military cover-up. Soon after the crash, military personnel came to Aurora. Could they have been responsible for the removal of the alien body? For a time, there was a headstone for the body, but even it has disappeared. All that remains are photographs of the headstone.

There have been, at times, lobbying to dig up the alien grave, and see what evidence may remain. But townsfolk have kept this from happening. What excitement would run through UFO circles if alien DNA was found there. Maybe it is best to leave the grave alone, and let the Aurora mystery remain.

http://ufos.about.com/od/bestufocrashcases/p/aurora.htm

9. brooksstephens

It's a fairly common belief among the African American population that the U.S. filmed it in a studio somewhere, and that we never actually stepped foot on the moon. They have a lot of weird conspiracies like that.

10. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

But why. Why would some try to get something started? It has to be out of anger of some sort. Why do they choose to question or not we actually went to the moon?

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know there is a movement of people who think the whole thing was staged (google it) but I have never heard that is was more prevalent along any racial boundries. More like along Art Bell listeners vs. non-listeners.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I just watched the Larry King segment with the guy that actually took the videotape, Peckman and a few others. I call BS. This guy's "evidence" is very weak and just seems like a simple hoax to make a few bucks.

13. brooksstephens

I have a pretty fair handful of friends who believe that it was staged,, and they're all african american.

14. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Just my two cents...

This picture is from the Hubble Telescope.

Its a picture taken to the SOUTH of the Earth. Now, wrap your mind around this....

Astronomers were able to estimate from this Hubble Deep Field South image in visible and infrared light that there are 125 billion galaxies above and beyond Earth's southern sky.

Now, this is just ONE SHOT....in ONE DIRECTION...using a telescope built in the late 80's, early 90's...going as far as it can in space (which is really nothing)

You mean to tell me that in all that splendor, there isn't ONE...itty, bitty, titty sign of life? Has to be!

125 BILLION galaxies. Each galaxy with UNCOUNTABLE number of solar systems and even just ungodly number of stars and planets.

AND NOT ONE LIFE OUT THERE? JUST US?

I do believe there is life out there. But I am not a UFO groupy. I believe that there will NEVER be contact between us and other beings. Its like an ant here one day communicating with an ant on the tip of South Africa.

The distance is just mind blowing.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I agree, Almu.

To me, the only thing more inconceivable than the sheer size of our universe is the thought that there is no other life within it.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I never understand why not believing in UFOs and little green men visiting our planet automatically leads to "the universe is so huge etc." Duh, of course there is probably life out there, but it's waaaaaaaaaaay out there and we are here and who knows if we'll ever meet.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Really?

It's one person saying something doesn't exist because they've haven't seen it or because they think other people are lying about having seen it, and another person responding with reasoning through which they conclude that it almost certainly does exist, whether anyone has encountered it or not.

Seems like a natural progression of the discussion if you ask me.

18. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

If we do contact aliens, and setup a face to face meeting, the delegation we send should all wear Under Armour shirts. I have no doubt in my mind that would send the message that we are legit.

19. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

For those of you who listen to Coast to Coast AM (I do occasionally for scary stories kicks when I can't sleep). They have a still image from that videol. Take it for what its worth because its so damn grainy you can see anything.

But it has to be Cassell's long lost brother or his other dimension self.

[​IMG]

link