1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones unplugged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, Apr 1, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

2. HTM

HTM Member

Ha, I haven't watched any of it but I hear he got torched by the Plaintiff's attorney.

Good. Dude seems like a real dirtbag.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's a professional troll who makes money off conspiracy and tragedy. The mainstream news does way more of the same so I hope you condemn them as well because they are even more shameful.

edwardc likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Not really. Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist.

5. ipaman

Yea I said the same he was, read post again, but he made a name and makes money trolling topical events including tragedy. Just like the news who goes live to every terrorist, shooting, murder, crash, hollywood, etc... event while showing ads for prescription drugs, insurance, cars, cell phones, etc... Same thing.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Brings up Jussie Smollett 8 times"..... Hmmm.... where do we see that happen at as well???

What is sad though is Jones is sort of laughed at by the left & the MSM, but in reality he's very VERY close to what is now the mainstream Republican party.

Just this past weekend, Donald Trump Jr. did an interview with a media blog that frequently talks about Lizard People. Yes... Lizard People... That is actually really really common now with the Trumplican party. Wild Conspiracy theories, secret societies, deep state, and dark religious fanaticism (IE where the lizard people thing comes into play).

To the posters here who are in denial about how extreme they really are... This is kind of who you are now. You should watch that deposition and see if you would say anything different than what Alex Jones is saying here, and that Roger Stone or Donald Trump would say now.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't think MSM is anything like Alex Jones. As for Alex Jones, he said his behavior is due to a psychosis. I have long thought exactly that -- he has a mental disorder and we should be getting him help instead of making fun.

HTM and quikkag like this.
  8. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I fail to see how a professional conspiracy theorist is equivalent to anything in the MSM... 9/11 was an inside job.. anti-vaxxer.. false flag school shootings... etc... etc..

No Worries and quikkag like this.
  9. dobro1229

Mainstream Republican is different than MSM. Mainstream Republican media from what I see from my friends & family on the right largely lives through viral online videos, blogs, facebook groups, meme sites, and opinion pieces. Its basically this online epicenter that starts in one place, and catches like wildfire & is repeated over and over again on pretty much every site onsite beat by beat.

Or am I wrong in considering that online media vortex "Mainstream" so to speak? Because that is the world of the modern Republican Party.

With the online vortex of right wing media, Alex Jones, while his delivery is more over the top, is basically stating the same sh#$ as everyone else. Deep state, conspiracy, lizard people, science=bad, immigration= bad, Trump=good.

TheFreak and quikkag like this.
  10. dobro1229

I was at the lakehouse with some friends a few weeks ago, and after a few beers one of my Trumper friends started talking about & ultimately showed me this youtube video of some guy who is apparently from the future & predicted all of these things that would happen in the next 5 years. The one he emphasized over everything (even that man would discover time travel in 2019) was that Trump would get re-elected in 2020.

I'm sorry that it makes more sense to laugh this stuff off but I'm just being honest here guys. The Alex Jones stuff is pretty typical for almost every Trumplican that I know. These are crazy tin foil hat wearing people either. People you and I would think of as normal everyday Americans... who just so happen to be susceptible to futureboy conspiracy theories.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Conspiracy theory: he is a shill who is there to discredit conspiracy theories. Exactly how one would go about keeping people from questioning official stories.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

I have never met anyone who actually takes Alex Jones seriously from the left or right.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

It’s not the same thing... reporting live news supplemented isn’t the same thing as pushing conspiracy theories.

14. Buck Turgidson

Trump wouldn't shake your hand at the rally, huh?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Exactly. The guy was so off the wall how could you?

16. dmoneybangbang

Can’t we do both? I’ll be happy to drive him to a state institution.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

I have never been to a Trump rally however I may go to one if he ever comes back to the Beaumont area during the 2020 run.

18. ipaman

making money off of tragedy or any topical event is the same thing. it's like ISO layups and 3s vs passing and moving. Both trying to achieve the same thing.

19. dobro1229

I certainly have. Actually met quite a few of them. Not in recent years have I seen people come to his defense, but those same people that loved his stuff pre-Trump (especially stuff about the San Fran secret society stuff & Bush 911 conspiracy) also traffic in just as bizarre theories now like the one I just posted that was told to me the other day.

And again... Donald Jr. was just interviewed this weekend by a far right media outlet that publishes the same type of crap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-interviewed-trump-jr/?utm_term=.754d4cc2c66b

Alex Jones is closer to your online media world than you might think. The guy has just been made a poster boy for crazy conspiracy theories, but in no way has that online vortex of crazy been out of the mainstream circulation. If anything its gotten worse of the past few years.

20. dobro1229

Also.... why don't we talk about this QAnon stuff too while we are at it. Is that so far off of Alex Jones' typical pro-trump conspiracy theory crafting?