1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Al Gore News] Launching son into space

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B-Bob, Oct 24, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

(From July but still important and interesting. Say what you will about wooden Al, but he sticks to his convictions!)

Al Gore Places Infant Son in Rocket To Escape Dying Planet.

Al Gore—or, as he is known in his own language, Gore-Al—placed his son, Kal-Al, gently in the one-passenger rocket ship, his brow furrowed by the great weight he carried in preserving the sole survivor of humanity’s hubristic folly.

“There is nothing left now but to ensure that my infant son does not meet the same fate as the rest of my doomed race,” Gore said. “I will send him to a new planet, where he will, I hope, be raised by simple but kindly country folk and grow up to be a hero and protector to his adopted home.”

As the rocket soared through the Gore estate’s retractable solar-paneled roof—installed three years ago to save energy and provide emergency rocket-launch capability in the event that Gore’s campaign to save Earth was unsuccessful—the onetime presidential candidate and his wife, Tipper, stood arm-in-arm, nobly facing their end while gazing up in stoic dignity at the receding rocket, the ecosystem already beginning to collapse around them.

---

More at the link. Also...
    Gore-Al :D

SamFisher likes this.
  2. HTM

HTM Member

Gore-Al probably burns more Carbon in a day than I can hope to in 3 lifetimes.

Though I hear he buys Carbon offsets having farmers in Peru plant trees for him or whatever.

3. B-Bob

Gore-Al was banished in the year 2000. I remember it well.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He wasn't banished...y2k did him in.

Took a while for the Geek Squad to fix him.

5. B-Bob

Thanks, that's a good reminder. Since v1.1 was punch-card operated, the hanging chads fouled him up. I tots remember that now.

6. Nook

Nook Member