1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AIRPLANE CRASHES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 11, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Celebrating in the streets huh? Lets see if they're celebrating with missiles and fighter jets bombing their sorry @sses!

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Unbelievable. This is like a horrendous movie.

3. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

I agree that justice should be served. Don't think it will not. But I think everyone wants someone to blame for this. At this point it may take some time to figure out who is the responsible party.

All I am saying is make sure you have the right party or individual before you start making statments like lets blow X country away.

4. Timing

Timing Member

There is going to be some serious hell to pay for this ****.

5. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

Only it's not a movie.

6. RocksMillenium

Whoever is doing this better get on their hands and knees and pray that we don't discover them. Because if we do, I will fully supporting President Bush wiping their sorry @sses off the face of the earth. Take them down NOW!

7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Freakin Black Tuesday.

Serious about the Palestinean report. Firing their rifles into the air and dancing in the streets.

8. Elvis Costello

None of this BS John Wayne rhetoric is going help at all. The US will most assuredly retaliate, but if a group is willing to die to committ terrorism there is little that can be done to prevent these things from happening. And, for the record, nuking *anyone* should not be an option. The environmental risk (to the entire world, including the US), alone, makes this simply not worth employing. It is important that these terrorists and any country that may have sponsered this action be severely punished, but it is equally important that this does not escalate to the point that events spiral out of control. The situation at Pearl Harbor was easier to process since an entire nation attacked. Terrorism, and especially religious-based terrorism (Jihad) is more complicated. Very frightening day.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. davo

davo Contributing Member

Someone just told me both towers have collapsed.

Other reports now saying that a 4th hijacked airliner is on its way to Washington. Second hand news, so can't comment on accuracy

10. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Our generation's Pearl Harbor...

11. RocksMillenium

Another plane crash in Pittsburgh. Enjoy your moments freaks, I guarantee the United States is going to send you to hell for this.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Pentagon has collapsed.

Report of a 707 down in Philadelphia.

State Dept car bombing, too.

.....help us, we know not what we do.

13. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

I was only using that as an example. I wouldn't want to blow away innocent people. I would even do anything about people who are celebrating. But I think Bin Laden's name is at the top of the list and if it is confirmed...Afgahnistan is a memory in my book.

1 person likes this.
  14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Start wholesale tracking and elimination of terrorists and you will see fewer and fewer volunteers. Its not necessarily the actual bombers/hijacker that you have to get to, its those that support the operation. Only the MOST fanatical will actually suicide attack something, and you can bet your sweet ass the other elements would be affected by such an effort.

15. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

That's what's scary about the terrorists right rm? Presumably their god tells them they're going to heaven for these acts.

You can't win against people that don't fear death. Maybe you can outlast them... but they'll still beat you pretty damn significantly.

16. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

So should we sanction them?

17. ArtVandolet

ArtVandolet Member

They will meet God. And you're right, they are not afraid to die. But I think you will win if you kill them before they do any (more) harm.

18. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I was thinking, how is it that they steered the planes into the buildings. Surely at that point the pilots knew they were going in, and surely they wouldn't have steered in themselves. So did they bring pilots on board as well?

19. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Instead of Just "Bombing Countries" and "Taking out People"
    Why not look for the roots behind a problem.

Its like people moaning about child pregnancy rates, drug usage and violence and not realizing its a breakdown in family structures.

We as the most advanced, sophisticated country in the world should eliminate a problem at its roots, not simply strike at branches.

There is no knowledge about the responsibility of this horrendous attack, but if it is a Palestinian Group, then we must look at how the US political agenda is making a group of people desperate, angry and insane enough to take their own lives and lives of innocent civilians in order to display their frustrations. I would imagine if your family was being slaughtered and you lived in a state of Apartheid, you might think differently.

That being said, we should hunt down swiftly and lethaly the groups responsible for this and terminate with no compassion. We should make an example to scare the hell out of anyone who would ever concieve doing something like this. The sad part is many times the heads are too selfish to do the bombings themselves, they simply send out weak-minded individuals to do their bidding. But until we have true answers, I would like to reserve judgement.

I love this Country and feel it is the greatest country in the world by far, but the actions of our country are alienating us from the world and we must analyze our actions in order to attack the root of this attack. We cannot live in a state of martial law, so lets see what we are doing to cause such problems.

And if it is the work of Groups such as Osama Bin Laden, or Afghanistani groups, let everyone here remember that
    Bin Laden and many in Afganistan were trained and used by the US Military to do actions just as we see today against Russian
    forces.

God Help us All.....

20. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Well, first of all we trained the Mujahadeen to fight the Russians who HAD INVADED THEIR COUNTRY. not to turn around and bomb us. Second, we certainly should look to solve the problem at its roots. Like a weed. You kill it at the root.

To say we are CAUSING these problems is ridiculous. The Middle East has been a powderkeg hundreds of years before THERE WAS A UNITED STATES.

Finally, I don't think I would ever bomb civilian targets. The Pentagon I understand. Trying to kill upwards of 50,000 innocent civilians would never be on my agenda. Pick a military target ******* it, not someone who DOESN'T MAKE OR ENFORCE POLICY.