1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ain't Even Mad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstroMechPLZ, May 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

I know that was a devastating way to lose. I know this series isn't over. And I'm as big of a Rockets fan as everybody else on this board. But honestly, watching the Rockets these past 2 games, you can tell they are laying everything on the line. You can't question their effort.

Harden is playing like a true MVP. Howard is battling tough despite his injury. Ariza is defending with full effort on every possession. And everyone else is chipping in to the best of their ability.

At the end of the day, this is a team down 2 starters playing against what could go down as a historically great team. I've seen enough this season. From here on out, everything is gravy. No matter what happens, I won't even be mad.

9 people like this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agreed.

3. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I feel the same way.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wow, the adult posters are showing up tonight! Great thread. I love the Rockets, every single one. Apologies to some of you partial fans out there.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets right there. More rest for Dwight. Rockets are still playing can still wim.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wanna win a title. This whole "everything is gravy" thing is fine, but the Rockets have played well enough to go up 2-0 on the Warriors and haven't gotten it done, with tonight being especially devastating.

Nobody's questioning the effort. These last two games were some of the best the Rockets have played all year. The fact that we couldn't get even 1 of those games hurts so bad, though.

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Yeah same. I am not expecting too much from this team really. Getting in the WCF is good enough for me.

Just play hard and they did it tonight.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Devastating...yes. But all GS did was hold serve at home.

9. jae713

jae713 Member

Watching Harden on the floor after the last play was heart breaking to me. Dude is seriously playing his heart out there. Regardless of the outcome, this is the proudest I have been for a Rockets teams in a long time.

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

The way James played was unbelievable. He's truly going to a new level in this series. They only defended home court. So what? Let's see how they do in H-town.

11. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

I hope this performance attracts some free agents to want to come here in the offseason

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Gotta win both games in Houston.

It sucks that Houston doesn't have the basketball home crowd that some of these other teams do. That would be a big help.

Hopefully, the Rockets are making a highlight of illegal screens and sending it to the league office, and the next couple games can be more fairly officiated. Not gonna hold my breath, though.

Even still, with two key players out, and the calls going against you, this team is battling.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden has played like such an absolute mad man this series.

32 points, 10.5 boards, 9 assist, 3.5 steals, shooting 59/44/88 in 41.5 minutes. Only 3.5 turnovers as well.

Total monster performances over the last 2 games for him. Botched that last second play but I can't blame him for a thing, we wouldn't of been in position to win at all without him.

14. sergio

sergio Member

Rockets will protect home court. G S fed of the home crowd to survive first two games. Rockets will take the series back in Houston I believe.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Me neither

We've played our best

Harden and Howard have been excellent

I cant complain because we gave our best in both game. The team showed heart...we are close

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

This is a far cry from the beginning of the clippers series. I am so proud with how they are competing. The entire team is playing like this is their last game. I've never seen James this aggressive. He's taking over games.

17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Love this team. Haven't lost faith. I was in my early 20s during clutch city. None of it came easy. That's why it's so treasured around here. It's basically luv ya blue with rings.
    This series is not over. Not even close.
    Just watch.

18. Chamillionaire

I know they're giving it all. I know we're down perhaps our best post player at least on offense in DMo. We're missing Bev. If we had both of them healthy, I think we're going back to H-town 1-1. But either way, we were in both games, had a couple of calls gone our way, had we made a few more FTs, we'd be right in it. Unfortunately, we are down 0-2. It's disappointing, but at least we know exactly where we are.

Howard and Harden both have taken huge steps in the playoffs. Ariza and Brewer both complement our team.

Smith and TJones, I'm starting to wonder if they're PFs we can win a championship with. I'm more comfortable with DMo there. I'm sure many of you feel the same.

I'm looking forward to tying this series up in Houston.

19. Mr Chuck Norris

We're winning the next 4

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I think the team will ONLY play better. We're missing output from Smith, Terry and Jones. We'll get somewhat more calls in Houston and from there it's Houston for game 3 and 4, the bay for 5 and back home for game 6. I'm calling it, rockets in 6 as per the rocket taco prophecy I've devised states! :grin: