1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aging Dream vs Duncan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burlesk, Sep 16, 2021.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If Duncan had to face Hakeem for his entire career, he would be equivalent to Derrick Favors.

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

How those legends would say…inc Robert Horry.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The title of the video says “Vol1” ... ?there’s another one? Lulz

that vid was released yesterday, so Vol2 will be dropped soon, I guess. And is there 3?

burlesk likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

wished duncan was still around so we can have aging duncan vs turkish delight. sort of a passing of the torch

burlesk likes this.
  6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Duncan was one of the greatest basketball players ever, longevity, clutch performances, played both ends of the floor, great passer but Dream was Dream. His mindset to be the man was only matched by a few i.e. Jordon, Bird, Kobe. Back before all the political correctness we called it "killer instinct". You knew playing Dream, Jordan, Bird and Kobe if they smelled weakness in the opponent, or smelled any fear they would step on your throat.

I remember Bird saying on several night at halftime when the game would be close "we are going to put these guys away in the 3rd quarter" Celtics would come out from halftime and go on a 20-3 run, teams would keep calling timeouts and by the end of the 3rd they'd be up by 25+ points.

Kobe just had that look and would go off hitting shots that seemed to be terrible attempts but just drain them over and over.

Jordan just knew the last 4 minutes he would drive to the bucket and couldn't be stopped.

Dream did it on both ends of the floor. His full court sprint to get just a piece of Starks corner 3 is still quintessential Dream too me. That and the Admiral "MVP" in the popcorn machine.

Damn I miss watching those dudes ball. Too bad Harden never learned that while he was here.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Somewhere, Tinman is utterly furious he did not post this.

EDIT: Somewhere, Tinman is extremely furious there's replays of Olajuwon in a Raptors jersey.

HP3, clos4life, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I refuse to answer this question. Just wont do it. Nope. Naw.

9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

It still hurts to see The Dream in that Raptors uniform :(

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He blocked him way more times than I expected lol.