1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aggies takin' it to OU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by HayesStreet, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

OU didn't lose to an undefeated or 1 loss team...OU lost to a 4 loss Aggie team which wasn't even bowl eligible until today's win.

There will be a lot of pissed off people Monday if OU is # 3 including fans from Georgia and Washington State.

2. drapg

drapg Member

no way is OU #3... remember when an undefeated OU lost to Nebraska last year and fell to fourth?

A&M isn't even ranked, so they will fall farther.

i see them at #6, right behind Iowa.

3. mduke

mduke Member

There will be a lot of pissed off people Monday if OU is # 3 including fans from Georgia and Washington State.
    So quality wins mean nothing? Texas lost to OU, they both have 1 loss. Now unless OU loses to an absolute horrible team(Baylor, KU, or last year's OSU game), they shouldn't drop below Texas by more than a spot at the most....

4. mduke

mduke Member

Let's break this down a bit.....

Poll Average: probably around 6
    Computer Average: 5.5- 6.5
    Schedule Strength- around .35 or so
    Losses: 1
    Quality Wins: .7

Well, a lot lower than I expected....that should do for #4 though:mad:

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Even though they lost to A&M, I still see OU being ranked ahead of UT in the AP/USA Today polls due to beating Texas earlier. The BCS is a different story, however. Anyway you slice it, I smell controversy...

6. mduke

mduke Member

Yeah, controversy is right...but it really is moot, Miami will KILL OSU in the championship game....the only team that could possibly beat Miami is if OU plays like they did against ISU.

7. Major

Major Member

OU didn't lose to an undefeated or 1 loss team...OU lost to a 4 loss Aggie team which wasn't even bowl eligible until today's win.

I disagree. They have the worse loss, but they also have the better win. Our best win is vs ~#15 K-State. OU's best win is vs. #3 Texas. Compared to Texas, OU will lose the polls, win the computers (in my opinion), win the Schedule, win the bonus points. Who'll end up on top? Who knows.

OU also has more opportunity to move up by playing the B12 Championship game.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well I knew that OU was in trouble when I left for the evening, but I thought that they would pull it out like they have had in the past.

OU's SOS and quality win is such that they could be right around there, and I will be very interested to see if they are still ahead of Texas.

Oh and how about my Canes, fellas??

What did I tell y'all about playing to the level of competition??

When Miami is focused, very few teams can beat them. So, I hope people keep dissing them because I know that they will continue to destroy teams like they did to Tennessee (thank God, now I don't have to hear about that damn '86 Sugar Bowl :mad: ).

9. mduke

mduke Member

When Miami is focused, very few teams can beat them. So, I hope people keep dissing them because I know that they will continue to destroy teams like they did to Tennessee (thank God, now I don't have to hear about that damn '86 Sugar Bowl ).

Too bad OU probably won't have a shot at them, that would be one great game.:(

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

KSU should be a top ten team. They beat USC and should have beaten CU. I think UT will be 3rd in the polls, but I don't know about the bcs.

Remember this quote by Mike Stoops? Think he knows who REggie is now? BTW, I think Vince will be every bit as good as Reggie.

Did Mike predict a blowout win against atm?

11. mduke

mduke Member

Remember this quote by Mike Stoops? Think he knows who REggie is now? BTW, I think Vince will be every bit as good as Reggie.

Did Mike predict a blowout win against atm?

He was talking about UT and Young, he just got the name wrong.

12. Manny Ramirez

Remember Nebraska last year? Lots of CRAZY things could happen. OU still worries me more than anyone else, and I would like to see Miami play them because I still feel they are the 2 best teams in the country.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

With all due respect, Tenn isn't exactly that great this year. 5-4 to be exact.

14. Nomar

Nomar Member

That's different.

Nebraska had the best college football player of all time under center. No crazyness this year.

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Tell me you didn't just call Crouch the best college football player of all-time. Roy Williams was better than Crouch last year.

Crouch might be one of the best option QBs ever, but far from the best overall player ever.

I would even say Crouch wasn't even the best QB in 2001, Joey Harrington was.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

New coaches poll is out. Texas 3rd, Oklahoma 6th.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2002/1110/1458705.html

Actually, assuming we aren't worse than 4 in the AP poll, it's probably better for us that we have WSU or Iowa win out. If OU were right behind Texas, and OU wins the Big XII title, there would definitely be a solid chance for the voters to make a last minute push to put them ahead. However, if one of the others win out, they would have to jump two teams to get ahead of Texas, and that's very, very unlikely.

17. gr8-1

This is good news for UT, imo. I expect OU to take a big hit in alot of the computer polls.

18. Manny Ramirez

That's true, but I heard many people (not only from here) but Kirk Herbstreit and others saying that Tennessee was going to win this game. The bottom line is that when Miami is focused, there really isn't anyone who can beat them. Tennessee, unfortunately, had the misfortune of playing Miami when they finally decided to get their asses in gear.

My parents get the Tennessean every day and you are saying that Tennesee isn't exactly great (which I agree) but you would never know that if you read some of the comments that the Vol players had after yesterday's game:

"All they were doing was kicking field goals, and our offense was not able to score points at the time and that's the only thing that kept us out of the game," said free safety Rashad Baker. "They didn't do anything that great. They just kicked field goals, and those add up."

UT guard Anthony Herrera added, "They were pretty good. I wouldn't say they were just dominant. We had breakdowns here and there, the same thing that's been going on the whole year. I don't think Miami did anything to stop us. We stopped ourselves."

Oh really? Funny how neither team had a turnover.:rolleyes:

But here is the best one from Julian Battle (who was recruited to play at Miami but didn't qualify academically):

"Dorsey didn't show me nothing," said Battle who also added that Miami WR Andre Johnson wasn't as "good" or as "quick" as injured Vols receiver Kelley Washington. Battle even managed to take a shot at Vanderbilt, still looming on the Vols' schedule in 2 weeks.
    "We're down, but not out," Battle said. "We lost to the national champion. Y'all make it sound like we lost to Vanderbilt."
    Ouch.

But what makes all this so comical is what the staff writer for the Tennessean, Chris Low, said, "Almost to a man, the Vols' players adamantly refused to give the Hurricanes much credit, which makes you wonder what game they were watching."

The worst thing that ever happened to that program was winning the NC in 1998.

Too many unrealistic expectations.

19. gr8-1

Manny, these are the same Utenn players that blamed the rain on their loss to UF. Very Aggie-fan-esque.