1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AFC South

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by D-Roc, Jul 25, 2003.

1. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

For some reason I really like the Jaguars in the south to win the divison. Even though the Titans are only a season removed from the AFC Championship game, and the Colts are a strong team. The Jags stick out to me.

I think alot of that has to do with Hugh Douglas. He will give the Jags top flight DE who is capable of posting double digit sacks. And with Stroud, and Henderson in the middle it will be very tough to run on these guys. Offensivley they finally got Taylor healthy and back to his old form, Brunell still has something left and Jimmy Smith has only been the 2nd most consistent reciever in the past 5 years (Harrison 1st). These guys are defenatly my darkhorse team this year and a team to be reackoned with.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

This is off subject but that Jay-Z song is called "La La La".

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Titans are one of the few consistent teams in the NFL. What makes you think that is going to change. They have the best players in the Division and the most experience. Keep in mind they didn't even have Jevon last year. So they should only get better.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Colts will win the division. I don't know why I think that...but I do.

Texans are going to beat the Titans once this year. I know why I think that...because I REALLY want it to happen! :)

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hopefully that'll be the same game that your wife has to go out of town and you have to take me! :D

6. MadMax

that would be a blast!

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do y'all tailgate? We should try and do it before one of the 3:00 home games (if there are any).

And there's one. October 19 v. Jets. Yeah, we should tailgate. :)

8. MadMax

we haven't tailgated...we usually get in early to watch the Toro Show for my son...i guess you could say we tailgate a little...we pick up antone's po-boys the night before...throw them in a cooler...and eat them on the way and a little in the parking lot.

keep in touch about the 19th, though.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Colts will win the division...The Titans lack the consistent, quality receiver...

Go Texans!

10. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

Last year was the year for the Titans but they fell short. Eddie George's skills are starting to fade and McNair dosen't have alot to work with. They will have a strong D, but that can only take them so far.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think a Wildcard will come out of the AFC South this year.

The titans will be solid as always, but McNair and EG aren't getting any younger. Fisher's conservative playcalling always seems to contribute to a loss or 2 every year. Their defense will be better and probably the best in the division.

The Jags made some great additions to their defense and they should have a new attitude with their new coach.

The Colts are tough to predict. Peyton can be real good but also real bad at times. Who knows where E. James head is at.

The Texans should be much improved, but we have a tough schedule this year. Tougher than last year. The O line should be better, but that's not saying much. Carr will be better, but we MUST establish the run this year in order to set up the pass. Mack is a north/south runner, so that should help. Defense should be solid like last year and keep us in games. Posey may have been a product of Caper's system so hopefully Clemons can come in and contribute so we won't miss Posey at all.

Go Texans!

12. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

I really don't think Posey's success is just because of the system he played in last year. Posey has great size, strength, and speed for an outside linebacker. His specialty is rushing the passer, but he is more then capable of dropping back into coverage. He should have another big year playing on a Bills defense with alot of other quality guys like Spikes, Fletcher, Williams, Adams, CLements, and Winfield.

13. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow this is funny.

On ESPN.com right now there's a poll asking who will win the AFC South.

Jaguars are last...

Colts 47.4%

Titans 42.7%

Texans 5.7%

Jaguars 4.0%

14. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

That's why they are my darkhorse team.