1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advice needed: How do you avoid hanging out in your hotel room on a business trip?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Aug 29, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

you dont need to go outside, clutchfans will take care of you ;)

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

Sounds like you want a long term solution - something that will make the whole travel/hotel routine a more enjoyable experience?

On that basis, I think you need to make the travel a part of your life routine, but also take in something unique from each location. I also do a reasonable amount of travel, and my recommendations are:-

- Get into some sort of routine
    - Try and exercize immediately after work or get up early and do it - if you can't get out for a run or walk, most hotels have a treadmill/gym.
    - Avoid having more alcohol than you would normally. It will probably lead to bad habits and will contribute to you getting run down.
    - Take things with you that make you feel at home, so when you don't feel like going out, you can have a "home" experience - i.e DVD's, TV shows on DVD, music, books
    - Mix it up - go out some nights but stay in as well
    - Stay over an extra night once in a while and go and take a tour or see some sights
    - Take the opportunity to learn something - a language, music etc.
    - Get your communications sorted out - take a roaming cell phone or get VOIP set up on your PC so is you feel like it, you can just pick up the phone and call home.

3. dodocolour

dodocolour Member

I think you'd better meet some friends in these cities you will travel. Maybe you have few friends there now. but you could login theirl local bbs in English version to find someone who maybe have similar characters or habits with you. It's funny to meet the new friends in these cities. And sure they will guide you have a toure of the famous sights there.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Dude, you must be sick of softcore p*rn.

I have no sympathy for you - travelling the world and getting paid.

I sit on my ass all day and prob get paid half what you do. :(