1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Advice]Best Fantasy Football Hosting Site?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by crose, May 15, 2012.

1. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am taking over commissioning duties for my work league, due to the original commish not really putting forth any effort to manage the league.

Anyway, I want to determine the best hosting site for a 12 team, H2H, football league.

Desired features:
    1. Custom Scoring (obviously)
    2. Ease of Site Navigation
    3. Free

I have done an online search already, but wanted to get Clutchfan's opinion of the best site.

Rep for valid input.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

We use Fanstar (http://www.fanstar.com/), which allows for live slow drafts and has highly customizable scoring. It's not free, though.

For a free league, both Yahoo and ESPN are viable options.

1 person likes this.
  3. crose

Supporting Member

Rep'd.

Thanks. Yeah, we have been using Yahoo up until now, and I have used ESPN in the past. I just want something new.

How much is Fanstar? Is it worth it, in your opinion?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have always preferred yahoo for everything.

I've been in the Fanstar Clutchfans league for like a decade now, and every season it seems something pisses me off about it.

not to mention the mobile app is just ****e.

1 person likes this.
  5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

It's about $50 or so per league, which when split over 10-12 people isn't too bad. You can set up a free trial to test out their system, I believe.

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I've been using Yahoo for all types of fantasy leagues for the last 12 years. It's free and easy. They offer free stattracker and they usually add some new cool feature each year.

1 person likes this.
  7. crose

Supporting Member

Yeah, I have been using Yahoo for everything too, but was wondering if something better existed.

Starting to think that maybe Yahoo is the best, though.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Don't try and get fancy. Stick with Yahoo. We've all heard 1560 blast the Yahoo promo promoting that Yahoo gets all the web traffic over ESPN. My guess why -- their fantasy platform.

1 person likes this.
  9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I know you said FREE, but cbs, while an expensive option comparatively, is pretty awesome, and well worth the $15 per person, or whatever it is.

1 person likes this.
  10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i've used a bunch over the last 10 years...and I am stuck back on Yahoo. They continue to improve and don't sit on a product they think is good

1 person likes this.
  11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

does anyone had used NFL.com for fantasy leagues?
    Is it good or not?

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I use nfl.com every year, and I always seem to like it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I have mostly played on Yahoo and ESPN. These are the two most common free fantasy platforms. Of the two I prefer ESPN. Their leagues are more customizable and you can sort the stats better when playing the waiver or free agents.

1 person likes this.
  14. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

The past two years I've used NFL.com over Yahoo, ESPN and some others I used in the past. Personally, I love it. The live updating scoring and projections are great to follow. However, don't trust the projections once you do custom scoring. I really like everything about it besides their big draft board, I find that generally it is not as accurate as other sites, but if you're drafting based on that, good luck anyways.