1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson “Dream Scenario” is Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mockster, Mar 13, 2018.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He’s the only one that’s good

2. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Yeah, he actually is a pretty good special teams player. I think he' blocked 2 or 3 punts in his career.

red5rocket likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Doesn't compute. Every time I listen to anyone talk about the special teams they are always talking about all these special teams "studs" we have. Each year there are scrubby mcscrubs that stay on the roster and we'll hear about how much they contribute on special teams.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Exactly, and year after year, coach after coach, we finish in the bottom 3 in Special Teams.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Like 95% of the time..... we did have a good special teams that one year............

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No thanks

Fulgore likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Why does no one want to play in Houston?"
    AP: "I'm begging you please! Please sign me!"
    "Nah, we good. We don't want you."

;)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...n-says-playing-houston-texans-dream-come-true

On First Take on Friday morning, running back Adrian Peterson said he thinks it would be a "perfect landing spot" to play for his hometown Houston Texans.

"It has always been my dream to come back home and play," Peterson said. "Taken that I've been living in Houston for over a decade. That would be a perfect landing spot, here in my backyard. That would be very convenient."

Peterson is from Palestine, Texas, which is less than three hours from Houston.

Peterson injured his neck in Week 12 and did not play the rest of the season, but told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Monday that the Cardinals doctor told him "my neck is completely healed" after reviewing his scans.

Peterson said Friday that he knows he has "at least three to four" years left in the NFL and that "as far as my body and how I feel physically, I feel great."

Last January, Peterson went on First Take and mentioned that "Houston would be a good spot" for him to play if he did not re-sign with the Minnesota Vikings. A team source later told ESPN that the interest was all generated by Peterson, and the Texans "never once talked about him."

The Texans are not necessarily in need of a veteran running back; Lamar Miller is in his third season in Houston and the team drafted D'Onta Foreman in the third round of the 2017 NFL draft. Although Miller is coming off of his worst NFL season, Foreman looked promising before he tore his Achilles at the end of November.

Still, Peterson said he felt he stood out during a joint practice between the Saints and Texans last year and showed he could make a difference in Houston's running back room. "[The Texans are a] great organization to be a part of," Peterson said. "Great defense, Watson at the quarterback position, some great young receivers. I've been watching the last couple of years, so I've seen the pieces they've added to get to where they are now.

"I feel like personally, when I look at the team, I feel like I could add to that running back room and really make a good running game dominant."​

mockster likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We absolutely should sign him if it's a reasonable deal and he isn't guaranteed a starting job. Foreman is coming off a surgery and Lamar Miller isn't special.

Chanmarr, mockster and DonnyMost like this.
  10. hakimthdream02

Tell him no bc he cant catch and i like D'onta Foreman

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Adrian Peterson is the Dwight Howard of the NFL.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Have you seen Dwight lately?

Another Brother likes this.
  13. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

If u can get him reasonably, would be a solid additon. Loved foreman, but that injury isnt a 1 year full recovery type of injury.

Id trust AP in the redzone more than miller.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Even if that's true, as a 3rd option (and insurance policy in case Foreman can't make it back to 100% this season), and on an incentive-laden, low-risk contract, I don't see how that would hurt our team. Nobody is expecting him to turn back the clock, but he gives the offense a different look for a few drives every game.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If he said : I will NEVER take a knee.

Then Mcnair will probably sign him to a multi year deal.

16. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Must be how we signed our newest special teamer..........

17. rockets13champs

He was good for cards man

18. rockets13champs

Smh why do we got some racist redneck owning the team

TheRealist137 likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And Dwight Howard was good for the Rockets.

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You guys are crazy. A.D. is still in great shape and is a freak of nature when fully healthy. Plus, he doesn’t have that much mileage on him the last few years. They should absolutely sign to a team friendly deal and see where it goes. None of the guys on this roster at their very best even come close to what A.D. was at his very best.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.