1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver: No big events in Texas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Feb 19, 2017.

1. basketballholic

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Why do we need to understand a tiny fraction % of people? Shouldn't they need to understand hundreds of millions majority and go with it.

For example, should the MLB and Astros ban peanuts because of kids with peanut allergies? Or should those tiny few kids and their parents take extra care when attending a game? The choice is clear for me.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's up to a business to decide what issues they would like to participate in. When the NBA builds houses for habitat for humanity, do you go in and tell them to stay in their lane and just worry about basketball?

4. basketballholic

Tell that to the Christian bakery that didn't want to draw penises on their birthday cakes.

It is hypocritical for the NBA to weigh in on states rights while ding business in countries that deny human rights and treat their citizens like animals. Totally hypocritical.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BONIERO1576 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's only hypocritical if the NBA thinks that they can change Chinese laws but choose not to do so. Repeat, it's only hypocritical if the NBA thinks that they can change Chinese laws but choose not to do so.

7. basketballholic

It's a matter of principles. You're probably a millennial and have no idea what those are. It's hypocritical to weigh in on local bathroom law while embracing human rights violators.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There's a difference between taking a principled stance out of pure self-righteousness, and a principled stance as a side affect of a practical stance which is the idea that one can influence policy by holding an event like the All Star Game as leverage. The NBA chose option B in how to deal with NC, the NBA does not have Option B available to them when it comes to China. Not hypocritical.

9. basketballholic

The NBA had option A available in China. They can decide not to go there. And they should decide not to go to China before they weigh in on local bathroom law.

BigShasta and Richie_Rich like this.
  10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It's not my interpretation, it's what the bill plainly states (and it's what the North Carolina Law said too). The article I attached in the other post has the whole bill. Show me the section where it talks about corresponding genitals. That's just you talking our of your ass and you know it. There is nothing that says that once you had gender reassignment you are free to use the bathroom assigned to your corresponding genitals. In fact, I don't think there is a single mention of genitals at all. Your "biological gender" is the gender you were born with. It specifically saying that they WON'T make accommodations for people who have had gender reassignment and that they are not a protected class (ergo: transgender people cannot sue their employer to get access to the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity, remember our HERO ordinance that was the catalyst for all this nonsense?).

If the bill was actually worded like you think it is there would be no controversy. The bill would actually be completely meaningless. Of course someone that transitioned from male to female uses the female restroom or vice versa. The reason people are saying it's a stupid bill is because it doesn't even demonstrate a basic understanding of the issue it's attempting to address. Got it?

jogo likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How has this thread not been moved yet?

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

lol yea cuz I just clicked on the thread and was just thinkin wtf am I reading lol

13. basketballholic

Bill very clearly states that "biological sex" is the physical condition of being male or female. Yes it has to say so on their birth certificate. They have to get their birth certificate changed after they change their physical genitalia. It's very simple. You are being a typical leftie, distorting the truth with your own #alternatefacts.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is Jopat posting in a D&D political thread?

15. onreego

onreego Member

Okay.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Dude, I am the only one in this conversation dealing in facts. But, you are now agreeing with me that words have meaning so I guess that's all the progress I can expect. There is nothing "simple" about that process. Changing gender on a birth certificate requires a court order in Texas and it's no secret that some Texas officials and judges are adverse to issuing the necessary documentation. Not surprising considering that the same ignorant rednecks that write these laws also appoint those judges.

But for arguments sake let's say that change was readily available, and this person did go through the process of grafting penis onto himself so they obviously have enough wherewithal to petition the court to change it. Now explain to me how "simple" it will be to enforce a policy that involves people producing their birth certificate to use a ******* public restroom, and how exactly does that keep women safe? That to me sounds like government over reaching to solve a problem that doesn't exist. That is not my idea of "good" policy. I agree with Adam Silver and I will leave it at that.

17. basketballholic

After you change your birth certificate you then change your DL.

If there arises any question about which restroom you should be using (which would be close to never since a person would be dressing the gender they changed to) it will then show on your drivers license. Stop with the dumb act please.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It's not an act. It's a rhetorical device. I'm asking you to answer questions so I can draw out you're poorly thought out, poorly supported answers and point out to you why they are incredibly stupid.

Considering you are now stating that people should present a driver's license to take a leak in a public bathroom I'm going to go ahead and call it mission accomplished.

The NBA should not have to expose it's employees to this type of nonsense and if Silver thinks a state's laws are adverse to his employees it's his right to not contribute to it.

19. basketballholic

Once again you twisted my answer just like a dirty leftie always does. What I said is it would probably never be an issue. But, just like today, if a female suspects that a man is going into the women's bathroom, she can call the cops and have him checked, the same thing can be done in the future.

Your level of deception and falsehood is signaling me that you are not a person that can be reasoned with. You have an agenda and you're going to twist facts and words to suit your agenda. Very small and petty and downright stupid.

It is hypocritical for the NBA to attempt to change local bathroom law that is sensible (just common sense) while embracing human rights violators.

#179 basketballholic, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  20. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Sure Mr. Silver, they can over - after they have been vetted.
    Then they have full priviledges.
    I don't see what the fuss is about. Everyone goes through Customs and I want to make sure people from regions that hate us get thoroughly vetted.
    I want to see my country sensibly protected.