1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About the "FALL" - revisited, sort of...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ROXRAN, Aug 31, 2003.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yes, I know a lot of veterans will say I've done this type of thread 2 or 3 times before, but there are a lot of new people round here, and I wanted to hear from some fresh posters and I am putting a new spin to this topic...As I've stated the FALL is my favorite time of the year, and just around the corner...

For me, there is so much on the tele, and things to do...

Top 5 for me...

1. Rockets right around the corner.
    2. Texans right around the corner.
    3. Astros baseball playoff time.
    4. Cooler weather to enjoy outside activities. (i.e. shooting, exercising, camping etc.)
    5. Seemingly more "holidays" or theme days during this time, i.e. Halloween, Memori...er Labor day.

The list can go on, I also seem to have my best luck during the Fall. I'm happy to see Summer go away.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LOL

The best thing about fall to me is college football, my #1 favorite sport to follow and also the start of the NFL, fantasy football leagues, pennant races in baseball winding down which leads to the baseball playoffs, and of course, the NBA is around the corner.

This is the best time of the year if you are a sports fan, IMO.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Rockets! Rockets! Rockets! I don't need no list, all that matters is the Rockets! I hate the offseason, I can't stand the offseason!

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly. There is nothing like college football IMO. The tradition, the rivalries, the upsets, the Monday morning trash talk and the fact that every Saturday, if you so choose, you can watch as many as 12 games in one day. Greatest sport in the world.

The other thing I like best is watching the weather every night and praying for that first cold front.

5. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Fall is my favourite too. I actually like having to suit up with sweaters and jackets. I lived in Latin America for too long to love heat as much as some do ere in the UK. It also means that football is on once more... Feyenoord, Ajax, Barcelona, ManU... sigh... best sport in the world. No doubt. :D

6. no_answer

no_answer Member

Cold weather, yummy!

Cold weather, The Rockets and Thanksgiving.

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Rockets, beer and backyard campfires in the fall are a must. Halloween is also my favorite holiday. :) I don't care much about football though, unless it's bangwagon jumping time, and I don't see that happening around here anytime soon.

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Fall is it for us, too. My wife and I LOVE Halloween and we dress up the house a little more every year. It is really starting to come together. This year, we have 2 fog machines to go with all the other stuff.

Anyway, my wife is also very heat sensitive, especially now that she is pregnant. That first cold front will be a welcome sight around this house once it comes.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

So you are what, like a Card's fan or something? ;) :D

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey! It is fall almost, people suppose get sad.

11. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

be big be big be big be big

I need word on this link like tonight so someone with a clue let me know how it sounds.

Oh yeah, fall's great.

#11 Chance, Sep 1, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How's magnolia going chance?

As far as fall goes....

It's been in the low 60's here the past couple of days, and raining. I thought it was still summer out.:confused:

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Awesome work as usual, Chance. :D

Fall's ok. Short days, but at least it's not freezing like winter.

14. SLA

SLA Member

LOL!!! Awesome! It's great quality. Perfect. No errors or anything. Sounds good....streaming....I'm going to save it...

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love the Fall as well... Camp, Pre-season... GAMES THAT COUNT!
    Halloween and Thanksgiving. You can go to Lake Travis, the water's still fine and it's not a madhouse in September.

Fall is groovy. :)

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) Raiders Football
    2.) Fantasy Football
    3.) The Rockets
    4.) College Football
    5.) Holidays

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Mag's is da bombolla yo! OK...slight exageration. Seriously, I love the peace and the lack of traffic. The people are amazingly nice and the beer is cold.

SLA, thanks bro.
    Anti - thank you, too.

I'm killing the link in the morning so you guys acted surprised when I drop it back on the board in a few days over on the Rox side of the bbs.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you think you like halloween now??? wait till your son is born! :) wait till he's old enough to get really excited about dressing up in his new costume...great stuff.

19. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

That's freaking awesome! What's your website, by the way?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So true! I love making the house a little scarier every year. The kids are like, "What are we going to do that's new THIS year, Daddy??". I love it!