1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ABC] CIA Torture Techniques

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by halfbreed, Nov 21, 2005.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it was done by Americans I would be honored. Because I would know that they were only torturing me for my own well being, and the betterment of my country. I would trust them that they had more information about me than I did, and if they decided to torture me, who am I to question it? After all they are Americans who are doing to the torturing, so it must be ok.

I wouldn't blame Americans at all. Instead I would blame anyone fighting the Americans. If we all just did what the Americans wanted they wouldn't have to torture us.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

There it is folks, another classic BJ drunk post. "Anyone caught being Muslim"? You've got to be kidding me. How about anybody caught planning the death of 3,000+ innocent civilians in the World Trade Center attacks? I guess you're ok to just go light on them. I'm not.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yup, for'ners are guilty until proven innocent :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that we're in THEIR country.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Why do you want to do something that doesn't work? Are you for using torture as punishment or to get information?

Using it as punishment should require that they have a trial and actually be found guilty.

Experts tell us that using torture to get information DOES NOT yield credible information.

The military has already come out against allowing the use of torture. Why don't you support our troops?

5. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

Not convicted of anything, isn't a good interrogation technique, and we need to be the standard barer of the world not the slime. I would think all these "deeply religious" conservatives would be with me on this one but I guess I don't understand what it means to be a follower of the prince of peace.

6. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Most of these guys are being taken from the field of battle, not their homes. The point of this article is that what they go through isn't what I'd call torture. There are no electrodes being hooked up to their nether regions or anything like that. Some of it could be borderline but I don't think most of this crosses the line.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The bottom line is that you can not weaken the CIA's ability to extract time sensitive, mission critical information from terror operatives in any way. Given that they are on the ground, in the thick of the battle, we are in no position to ridicule their preferred method of information gathering.

All of this goes back to how you define torture. To me, sensory deprivation, humiliation, hot/cold, sleep deprivation, and water boarding isn't torture. Torture is cutting off digits, raping, cutting off heads, blow-torching, etc. Torture is what the enemy does. Torture is not what the US condones. The murderous, scheming animals that we are fighting against attack civilians, they attempt to kill our soldiers, and they attempt to destroy efforts aimed at peace. They are in no way covered under the Geneva Convention.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

muslims probably feel the same way against your administration..

was the iraq war an effor aimed at peace??

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

duh Bush has turned their homes into their field of battle when he went on aggresive war on Iraq..

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

http://www.cageprisoners.com/prisoners.php?id=1381
    http://www.cageprisoners.com/prisoners.php?id=1383
    http://www.cageprisoners.com/prisoners.php?id=1409
    http://www.cageprisoners.com/prisoners.php?id=1346

yep, many "innocents" let go later on are definately taken from the field of battle.

#30 AMS, Nov 22, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  11. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I don't see what the big deal is. We have techniques to extract information. Less harsh techniques obviously don't work....these do. What's the problem?

Hmmm...so they have to listen to loud rap...are made to feel like they are drowning (but they arent actually)...made to stand up (gee whiz...thats the next worst thing to ass rape i guess)...and deprived of sleep.

I dont see the big deal if we are getting what we want.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

thats the problem,

what WE WANT to hear

you torture me with those techniques long enough and i would probably tell you what you WANT to hear

13. NJRocket

yes

Two words : Nine Eleven

They drew first blood...not us. Now they do it our way.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Allright, Rambo :rolleyes:

Who exactly is "they?" Do we need to actually figure out who's responsible for 9/11 before we act, or will any ol' brown skinned foreigner suffice?

15. NJRocket

Militant extremist muslims were at fault. When no one talks, then yes, any ol brown skinned foriegner will do. Gotta start somewhere.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh my ****ing god. You are a sick, scary dude.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Are there any other posts that come as close to advocating the antithesis of justice? I can't think of any off hand.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow..seriously??? you're kidding, right?

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

We've been through this before with NJRocket.

He has a sick fascination with torture.

He’s one sick puppy.

And no, he's not kidding

20. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

And that folks is why we are losing, and will continue to lose, this thinly disguised culture war.